The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
bionichicken

Talking Hello from Arkansas

Not a real new member but pretty new. I have a 94 Z71 K1500 Chevy extended cab short bed which now is not my daily driver and which I am in the process of a mild restoratiion. It has the deluxe two tone paint, siliver with the teal on the side. It also came from the factory with every option, that I believe was offered in 94 but I don't have a dealer order sheet so that is my best guess. If anyone out there has the dealer order sheet from 94 I sure would appreciate a copy emailed to me in pdf form or have a hard copy mailed to me. I will gladly pay to get a hard copy sent. Just email me (I will list my email address at the end of this).
The truck needs the following to get back in shape. A new muffler, a paint job on the silver, some repair on the heater flaps (they work but need some lubrication or a new actuator), a look at the drivers seat power seat motor, it works but is slow, (probably need to lub the seat rails to help it out). I also need to get the brakes adjusted as I have too much pedal travel and the brake light stays on.The major issue with the truck right now is that the engine (350) is tired. It has 280K and probably is in need of overhaul or a new crate motor from somewhere. I am wondering if it is best to keep the matching numbers engine or if that is really not important. Anyone's suggestion is appreciated. Also if I do a rebuild what should I expect to pay?
Small dent in rear bumper and I want to replace the front bumper with a chrome diesel type (with the two holes) as I have a stock fog light switch and want to put fog lights in the front like the Z71 Tahoes had in their model which has the same body style. My bumper has the rub strips and bumperettes. The local dealer has one but wants full retail for it. I also need a wiring diagram for the dash or need to know if the fog light wiring is there from the factory. Any and all help is appreciated. My email is usaforme1@hotmail.com
Thanks a lot Bionichicken

Last edited by bionichicken; 03-23-2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: additions to my introduction
bionichicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
scotts62
One day...

Re: Hello from Arkansas

from OKC!

Might get a better response posting in the 88-98 section.

93 crew cab build
Project 62

Last edited by scotts62; 03-25-2011 at 06:41 AM.
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
1ATony

Re: Hello from Arkansas

welcome to the site
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote