The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #1
808_67C10

Windshield Wiper Hell

As the title says, I am in windshield wiper hell. My first issue, the wipers only worked on hi... then, it only worked on hi once in a while, meaning, they wouldn't work most of the time. If I got out of the truck and gave them a tug, they would come on. Not optimal but... effective at the time.

So, I changed the turn signal/wiper switch. That didn't do it. Then, I changed the wiper motor, that didn't do it either - still the same issue.

Now, I gave it a tug this morning (i know - sounds dirty - because it IS) and the whole wiper arm stripped on the grooved doohickey its pressed onto.

I parked the truck and refused to talk to it - or I would end up abusing it with a hammer. (anger issues at this point).

I looked for the wiper control module (based on other threads I have read) at the bottom of the steering column and there isn't one... Could it be the piece that the turn signal/wiper switch slides into? how hard is that to remove or get for that matter? What is it called?

Also, do I have to replace the wiper linkage to replace the "doohickey" the wiper arm sits on? I cant find that piece separate from the $170 linkage...

By the way, where I live in Hawaii, it's been raining since January - and oh, we have lava flow and earthquakes - I am sure you saw the news. They make it worse than it really is (ACID rain - ). I don't live in lava flow area - 10 miles away and above - but the earthquake was cool!

Any advice on the wiper situation you could provide would be great... I do not need advice on where I live - yes I know I live on a volcano but, all of Hawaii is a volcano so... can't have rainbows without rain... I am still rollin & repn my c10 like I stole it!
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461

Last edited by 808_67C10; 05-09-2018 at 02:55 PM.
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote