The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
bigmac73

age old question

What are the best aftermarket BBC engine stands to buy, I am really thinking about converting over to a BBC, Mark Jones aka vortec pro has some really decent prices on his 468 BBC engine and i have not heard one bad thing about his builds so far

http://www.vortecproperformance.com/...binations.html
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
bigmac73

Re: age old question

can you use a short water pump on a BBC and will a TH350 tranny bolt up to the engine?
i was wondering if my pulleys would swap over to a BBC, if i kept the short water pump
Progression Ignition /Holley 750 DP/3:73 gear Eaton Limited Slip unit / 2 1/2 exhaust glasspacks
bigmac73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #3
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac73 View Post
can you use a short water pump on a BBC and will a TH350 tranny bolt up to the engine?
i was wondering if my pulleys would swap over to a BBC, if i kept the short water pump
To answer your 1 st ?....I think the cheapest way to go would be the 68-9-71 BB factory stands. Then add a set of urethane mounts(they are listed for BB or sb engines). You will find the a little tall in a sb app, or maybe a little short in a BB app? No biggie, Moroso sells a mount /spacer kit, that gives you a few different plates to play with....the spacers go tween the mount & block, to get the proper height As far as pulleys/pump, ect....none of the sb parts will fit. Long or short, I cant say on the BB, but will say...take all the parts off 1 engine! Some of the other guys will chime in to help on the pump /pullies/ect. Best of fun,longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

All trucks '72 and earlier had short water pumps whether a small block or big block. The pulleys nor the accessory brackets interchange between small and big blocks. With a short water pump on a big block you will need pulleys and accessory brackets specifically for a big block with the short pump. Yes a TH350 will bolt up to a big block, but it will need to be built to handle the increased torque.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote