The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
conoco

Si 12 install help with plug ID thanks VetteVette

Just installed my 100 amp si12 and everything is great and working. I decided to clean up and retape the wire loom while I was at it. When I finally got the tape off I noticed this plug that was taped up with everything. I can't seem to locate it on my wiring diagram. Any help would be great. I would like to get it hooked back up, it's there for a reason lol. Thanks everyone the Colors to the plug look like black and blue.
On a side note if anyone is thinking about upgrading there alternator to the SI 12 amazon has AC Delco 100amp for 60 dollars. Great reviews. Only bad thing is apparently AC Delco now has there stuff made in China like everyone one. So let's see if it lasts lol.

Thanks VetteVette for an awesome post on the conversion I found. Everything went smooth and your way of doing it was way better and cleaner than the others.
Attached Images

conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: Si 12 install help with plug ID thanks VetteVette

Running and blinker for the front of the grill or bumper--other side will be dark blue and black.

looks like you may need a tad shorter belt
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:42 PM   #3
dmjlambert

The plug with contacts shaped like a T plugs into your radiator support. You should have a mating plug in a hole there that passes through the signal to your front parking light/turn signal.

The plug with the light bulb in it fits in the side marker light.

I had an alternator pulley that looks very similar to that one in your picture. When the belt is thick and stands above the groove a little bit like that, it will cause the belt to wear down and become thinner, and I found it causes the belt to lose strength and traction and will chirp and squeal. I bought a deep groove pulley from an eBay seller and that solved the problem. I thought you might like to know. I can't tell for sure from your picture, but it looks from here like the belt is thicker than the groove is deep/wide. Here is the one I bought. https://www.ebay.com/itm/201649847243
And here is the discussion about the belts and my pulley swap. http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=797722
dmjlambert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:42 PM   #4
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Running and blinker for the front of the grill or bumper--other side will be dark blue and black.

looks like you may need a tad shorter belt
The side running light is right next to that plug, and the blinker light if right above the bumper and already installed. I just can't find anywhere that can guide me on what that plug is. It's driving me crazy lol...

The alternator I took out was in the same position on that bracket (maxed out) I didn't notice any issues, I will run it for a bit and see how it goes. The tension feels good but it is maxed put on the bracket. Hopefully it will be OK. Thanks for the response and taking the time.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #5
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
The plug with contacts shaped like a T plugs into your radiator support. You should have a mating plug in a hole there that passes through the signal to your front parking light/turn signal.

The plug with the light bulb in it fits in the side marker light.

I had an alternator pulley that looks very similar to that one in your picture. When the belt is thick and stands above the groove a little bit like that, it will cause the belt to wear down and become thinner, and I found it causes the belt to lose strength and traction and will chirp and squeal. I bought a deep groove pulley from an eBay seller and that solved the problem. I thought you might like to know. I can't tell for sure from your picture, but it looks from here like the belt is thicker than the groove is deep/wide. Here is the one I bought. https://www.ebay.com/itm/201649847243
And here is the discussion about the belts and my pulley swap. http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=797722
That is great to know thank you. I will look tonight and order if I need to. I finally got the rest of the parts to do the driver side rockers so I was fixing all the little stuff I need while waiting on the parts. Thanks for telling me that. I plan on driving her again after I get done with the work this weekend.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Thank you for the kudos. I can't take credit for the conversion but I will take credit for modifying it and putting it up on the forum for all my fellow truck owners to use..

There are hundreds of members like my self that love sharing their knowledge with everyone. It's what makes this forum the best on the internet.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote