The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: WunTon's 63' BBW/SWB Fleetside build

Welcome to the forum

That is a desirable truck IMO. A '63 short fleetside, big back window, with all of the custom cab option trim including the polished aluminum grill. What a great find and will be a nice truck when you are done. I see someone has changed the differential at some time in the past 56 years.

Let me know if you need one of my '63-'66 booster brackets with the hydraulic clutch conversion to go along with your T56.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:24 AM   #2
Grizz1963

Welcome.

Your opening posts make me grin madly.

Will be watching this build.

I am just restarting after 4 years of not working mine.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
WunTon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Since you already have to do some rust repair, you could fill the holes for the 66 badge and replace them with the 63 badge in the correct location. Using the search feature on this site and the FAQ page is great for finding info that's already been shared. Also, reading through people's build threads can offer a variety of ideas and inspirations for your own truck

Also, I love the cluster. It looks great!
Thats not a bad idea and I will be looking into it for sure. I love the cluster its one of my favorite parts of the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Welcome to the forum

That is a desirable truck IMO. A '63 short fleetside, big back window, with all of the custom cab option trim including the polished aluminum grill. What a great find and will be a nice truck when you are done. I see someone has changed the differential at some time in the past 56 years.

Let me know if you need one of my '63-'66 booster brackets with the hydraulic clutch conversion to go along with your T56.
Thanks I'm glad to be here, forums have helped me learn so much in the past and this one is proving to do the same already! I am really excited for this truck for sure and you are right it does seem to be well optioned. I wish there was a way to decode what options it came with from the factory like the newer vehicles with the RPO codes.

I'll be reaching out about your brackets soon once I figure out what all I need to put the T56 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz1963 View Post
Welcome.

Your opening posts make me grin madly.

Will be watching this build.

I am just restarting after 4 years of not working mine.
I hope I don't disappoint you! I can relate to to just getting back to it it's been about 5 years since I built my last truck.

Just for fun here is a pic of my last truck I built. Dana 60 front 14 bolt rear all chromoly shafts on 40s plus a whole lot of other bits along the way. I miss this thing for sure.

WunTon is offline   Reply With Quote