The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
72c20customcamper

Little PO'D right now.

Well I finally got round to ordering my lowering kit for my Suburban last tuesday the 21st from western chassis . I get an email yesterday that they may be shipped today 8 business days later. So I call today wait for 35 minutes for customer service . Who tells me they may go out next week and the delay is because they moved over the weekend of June 18th . And all orders have been delayed, told the rep that If they had stated that on their site I wouldn't have ordered.

But I'm sure they knew that other people would have done the same. I asked if they were going to compensate me for the delay ha said" no but I can cancel the order". I didn't take him up on that as I would have to reorder elsewhere. I can see if something is back ordered but he told me everything is in stock they are just backlogged.

Not a good way to run a business.

I have ordered from them before with no problems but I will rethink it next time. I'm going to go to the UMI booth in Carlisle or at the Goodguys show in york the following week . They are working on kits for square bodies
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 07-31-2020 at 03:43 PM.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:35 PM   #2
rsavage

Re: Little PO'D right now.

I recently experienced a similar situation with Summit. I spent two days trying to get in touch with Customer Service to no avail. These companies are using Covid as an excuse to not ship fast or provide Customer Service. If your case when the smartass said he could cancel it, I would have taken him up on it. Bad reviews and posts such as you did will help prevent companies from thinking they have us by then short hairs in the future. Summit asked me to review the product. I did but focused only on the lying (not in stock but drop shipped from the maufacturer) and countless hours trying to speak to someone unsuccessfully. THEN customer service contacted me to say that they couldn't post my review because it has to be only about the product. Is there a middle finger meme that I can download?
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
72c20customcamper

Been two hours now . Suppose to call back with an update before 5 but that's Pacific time so 8 here.
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
special-K
Special Order

It seems this could have been handled differently by them. I'm sure other businesses have moved in the past but I've never heard of anything like this before.

I did get ripped off by STC on a soft top I had ordered from them for the '90 Blazer I used to have. I kept getting excuses why it was taking so long,. Waiting for components from a supplier and such. Finally I got tired of the excuses and asked that they send me a refund, I had paid by money order. Nothing came after enough time had passed. I called to see what was up and the line had been disconnected. They still had ads and were listed as available on ORD's website, but I dealt direct. I go to CK5.com forum to announce the issue and that's where I found out they went belly-up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
67C10Step

I wanted to order my disc brake conversion kit with lowering spindles from gmc Paul’s but they didn’t have the spindles which seemed to be the case many places. I know this is due to everyone doing their casting in China and India or similar. Summit had the complete cpp kit listed so I ordered it. They pushed delivery out twice. Second time to September 11. I tried to get them to tell me what the hold up was expecting it to be the spindles. I was ever told what the holdup was and the part could not be substituted.
Frustrated, I cancelled my order and got the disc brake conversion parts list provided by Gopapa. Ordered spindles and rotors from summit on Tuesday and they were delivered today. All the other parts will be MOOG so probably better quality anyway.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:38 AM   #6
Boog
laying low

I imagine most all suppliers are experiencing the same thing right now. Virus affecting shipping deliveries? Yeah to some extent. What I find more and more are vendors keeping less inventory on hand than they used to. Even the local stores don't stock what they used to "but we can have it tomorrow".
The specialty parts vendors all know once you have ordered and paid in advance for your purchase they already have your money so you aren't likely to cancel. I am waiting on one part from Classic Parts from an order I placed weeks ago. Of course it was the main item I needed out of all the parts ordered at the time. I asked for an estimated time of availability and got no response. More of the same...
Which brings up another question. Just how much of our parts are produced over seas? Are there any reproduction parts actually made in the USA any more? I don't see "Proudly made in the USA" banner in adds much.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross

Last edited by Boog; 08-01-2020 at 07:57 AM.
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:08 AM   #7
Redneck Rydes

I had the same experience with Western Chassis,I waited and waited,finally after 3 months got the spindles,and went to put the backing plates on one of them,there were NO threads,had to tap them out,no biggie,but quality control is not what it was,I have purchased a set of DJM spindles for my other truck,but haven't insatalled them yet,I am in Covid jail,truck is in S.C. and I am up here in Canada,can't get to the States to get it.
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #8
The Rocknrod

I'm buying parts and having them shipped home from various companies. This seems to be the norm nowadays. It's frustrating.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #9
72c20customcamper

Never got a call back . But I did get an email that the front springs and shackles were shipped yesterday. Rears are suppose to be drop shipped from the manufacturer , which tells me they out and out lied about everything was in stock.
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #10
Axle

Tieing in to related experiences, it seems people are unwilling to be upfront about anything anymore, and lack the common courtesy of letting you know whats up.

How difficult is it to post on your website; we're moving so orders will be delayed, or make it obvious that parts are drop shipped and not a stock item? Yeah, summit has this note on some things, but more often than not I see little tiny print that has some ridiculous future shipping date listed which just masks the fact items are drop shipped. Doesn't say not in stock, but it also doesn't say the item is drop shipped.

I was talking to some younger individual recently about keeping people updated, in the loop, giving them negative news I got the response of 'why? Just let it go, why drag it out?' Drag it out!? Me letting you know that I can't fullfill something, or am not satisfied with your response is not dragging it out, but common courtesy. Hopefully thats not a widely held opinion by younger folks, but I do get suspicious of it when you see a similar attitude played out in various industries.

Alex.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:45 AM   #11
72c20customcamper

Plot thickens.... got the leafs yesterday. No notification they were being sent . Doing my usual once over the springs have St Loius spring stamped on them and 4 inch drop . No label as to where they came from but there was a rock auto magnet stuck on one under the the shrink wrap.
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 08-04-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #12
SCOTI

Many times w/Summit, they list the 'shipping date' as an expected date. It could be much sooner & sometimes even later that expected as it comes down to the supplier. What frustrates me is they'll indicate "ships tomorrow" w/a date yet it's a drop-shipped item which depends on the source for how quickly it moves out.

That being said, many businesses don't carry as much inventory as 'once upon a time' because they have to pay taxes on inventory annually which can add up.... quickly. Just another method of trimming costs to profit in a business.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:55 PM   #13
72c20customcamper

Investigated St Louis spring. Family owned and make all the leads in house . So at least the tears will be American made. Next time I'm ordering directly from them .
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:41 AM   #14
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

You think that's bad? Try getting connecting rod bearings for a Suzuki motorcycle. I ordered them May 2nd and still haven't got them
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #15
Klas

I've had a similar situation with SMS Fabrics. Then I read the Better Business Bureau reports about them. Should have read the reports before I ordered from them.
Klas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #16
MJN

Similar experience with Jeg's recently. I ordered a PowerStop rotor/pad kit which showed in stock and ready to ship on their site. I received one rotor and the pads, meanwhile the other rotor was on back order. Two weeks passed and I spoke with customer service- spent 30 minutes on hold- was told the issue was their buyer did not submit the order to PowerStop and would be shipped in one week. That time passed only to see it still backordered. I called again, was told they had one on hand and would ship next day. That time passed and again on backorder. I ordered the one rotor from RockAuto, received in two days direct from PowerStop and I cancelled my Jeg's order after waiting over 3 weeks. Went to install the parts and found out the pads were incorrect. Again, spent 1 hour on hold with Jeg's customer service to return the pads and get a refund. I contacted PowerStop directly and they had everything on hand in their warehouse in Chicago and shipped me new pads, free of charge, the same day. The PowerStop rep I spoke with also had been having issues dealing with Jeg's as well and was very frustrated. Thumbs up to PowerStop to supporting their customer!
'72 GMC Sierra Custom K2500- in progress
'08 GMC Envoy Denali
'12 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali
'17 GMC Yukon XL
VCCA member #58596
http://www.nohrco.com
MJN is offline   Reply With Quote