The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #1
72timemachine

1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne c10 Super

Hello,

Over the past several years I have done some restoration work on the truck. While in storage, I have always keep it covered especially the cab. For those of you who know, the cowl needs to be kept free of debris to prevent the firewall from rotting out. The floors, rockers and cab corners are all in good condition (see photos).

The truck is very original, that is the main reason I bought it and will be sold with many factory repair body panels I have collected over the years. This truck has all of it original body panels still attached and only has small dings and dents. To repair any damaged areas I am including in the sale, fleetsides, wheel wells for the bed, toolbox body panel with an extra fiberglass toolbox and door, rear glass (someone installed a power actuated sliding rear window in the truck). An extra hood, cowl panel, passenger side front fender patch section and a very nice tailgate are included. I also have the factory jack and crank handle which operates the jack. The seat and foam cushion were trashed but I still have the fabric. I have since installed the original steering wheel, like most, the steering wheel is cracked so I used a different GM wheel back when I was driving the truck.

I completely removed the entire front crossmember and suspension from the truck, degreased everything, painted it black, replaced all 4 ball joints, the dog bones (all 4 a arm pivot shafts) the rotors with good used ones I had, rebuilt the calipers, new brake line hoses, painted the power steering box and the areas of the frame rails where the components would bolt back up to when I reassembled them. All the aforementioned parts were coated with POR15.

While the truck lists a posi traction rear end, option number G80 inside the glove box on the parts identity sheet, it is missing. While in storage it was stolen out of the truck. I did however, find another factory 12 bolt, 5 lug original rear end for it's replacement. You can always turn this open carrier rear end into a posi traction unit if you wish but the ring and pinion and rear brakes will have to be replaced. The ring and pinion is shot and the brake hardware and drums need to be replaced unless you wish to add a rear disc set up. The suspension is a trailing arm coil spring type with power brakes.

Some of the options the truck came with aside from the posi traction 12 bolt rear end are an "in bed spare tire carrier'. The spare is factory mounted inside the bed behind the driver so you do not have to bust your ass laying on the ground to retrieve you spare tire in an emergency. Tilt steering wheel, factory tachometer, factory air conditioning, custom cloths seats, push button radio which can lock in your selection, factory door edge guards, front swayback, (it also has a rear sway bar which looks original but after doing some research, it was not a stock option back in the day), tool storage box built into the side of the bed, step bumper, Cheyenne super equipment from what I understand has to do with GM adding sound deadening material to the cab and forward of the door hinge areas to keep out noise and wind on the roadway.

The engine is original to the truck and still runs but has a lifter ticking noise and burns a little oil...just a tired original 350 cu in 4 barrel engine. It still has the original points distributor. The transmission works fine although I did remove it when I first bought to replace it with a 700r4. I simply wanted to have an overdrive transmission for when I would use it on the freeway. The driveshaft was professionally shortened due to this modification and cost me over $200, this included replacing the old carrier bearing. If you decide not to use this as a parts truck a 4l60e will fit right in. The engine and transmission are in the bed of the truck due to the restoration work I performed on the crossmember and suspension. The engine's numbers can clearly be seen on the engine block near the base of the cylinder head. The radiator support near the battery tray is not rotted out by acid and the tray is in great shape for its age.

I bought this truck many years ago in Van Nuys hoping to restore it. The person I bought it from, and this is what he told me, he said he removed all the trim in order to spray paint it flat black and make it more attractive to a potential buyer. You can now see how the cheap spray paint is now fading off the original paint. While I do have most of the 50 year old trim, it is rough shape. The original factory color is blue with a white stripe down the side. The interior is blue with the wood grain accents found in and on the Cheyenne.

The truck is in a non operational status and there are no DMV back fees owed, the title is clean. The price is $7500.00. Please email me if you are serious and have access to a trailer or tow dolly. I just sold a '69 c/10 frame and the buyer rented a trailer for $28. The truck is located near Santa Maria CA.
Attached Images

Last edited by 72timemachine; 05-28-2021 at 02:33 PM.
72timemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Blazerowner

Re: 1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne c10 Super

Short bed?
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:22 PM   #3
396ci

Re: 1972 Chevrolet Cheyenne c10 Super

It's a long bed.
1974 Chevy Crew Cab Shorty
396ci is offline   Reply With Quote