The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2003, 01:23 AM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Why do we do the crazy things we do....

Hmmm, I know you've done it...your at the store, a magazine catches your eye. Right there on the cover, you see a car just like the one you have/had/dream of getting....so you buy it without even opening it up.
Your flipping through the chanels looking for something...anything (even though you now have 275 chanels to pick from) and you see something...you flip back a couple chanels... even though you have Honest Larry screaming at you telling you why you should buy a car from him...you watch.....hyptmonized....becouse in the back ground, you see it....back on the lemon lot, (you know, the every car for les than $1500 lot) you see it, covered in rust dents and bondo...but you see it.

Why do we spenmd so much time and money on stuff that isn't really related to our trucks? I know I have about 5 or 6 vintage articles and advertisements now...and now I just bought another off of e-bay. All becouse I see a pic of a Longhorn.

My wife used to say at least it isn't another women....but now she wishes it was another lady...she'd know how to act if it was a chick.
So who else does this? Most of us stood in the hot wheels section trying to intimidate the 8 yr old snot nosed kid who was trying to get in your way when you were looking for the red stepside... I know I have seen quite a few impressive truck 'stuff' collections on here...
what do you have, and how bad do you have the addiction?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote