The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2022, 10:17 PM   #1
Ironhorse

Peculiar Tow Hook-Sq. Body?

Okay, have posted about these tow hooks in the 73-87 forum and got some response but no definitive answer about what trucks they came on. Looking for a WIW response as I will be offering these in the near future on the 73-87 parts forum. I do know they are MUCH heavier than the normally found 81-87 style hooks and do have the heavy body of the 73-80 hooks while retaining the more slender " S " looking style of the 81-87 hooks. Weighing these hooks, the 81-87 normally found hooks are 3 1/2lbs each, these are 4 1/2lbs each. The bolt hole size of these hooks is the same as the 73-80 hooks and same hook body position as the 81-87 hooks but which have a smaller diameter bolt hole . They matched the bumper hole position perfectly on my BIL's 83 one ton K30.

Go to the 73-87 message forum and look for my thread about a 3rd option square body tow hook if want further reading on these.

Now for the question: Looking for thoughts and opinions as to value of a pair of these, bead blasted, two coats primer and two coats Rustoleum Satin Black. Am posting pics of all three styles for reference and to show comparisons.
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote