The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2015, 09:44 AM   #1
Chevy 350 Fan

72 GMC Brake light Probems

Hey guys I'm a senior in High School. Im redoing my 72 GMC C20 after it blew up. I'm currently tackling wiring. I bought the American Auto wire redo Kit, All seems to be going well. I got the engine, turn signals, headlights etc. done. (for some reason the brights don't work but I haven't investigated much they might just be burnt out). last night I figured id tackle the brake lights. Both of the side marker and park lamps work (the dim brake light) both of the turn signals work. but here's where it gets weird. Only the passenger brake light comes on when the pedal is pushed. WTF??? It cant be my wiring because the turn signal works, it cant be the brake switch because the passenger side works, My only thought is something isn't right in the fuse box which comes pre assembled. If your not familiar with the wiring set up their are 4 wires. brown- park lights (dim brake lights) green passenger turn/brake, yellow- driver side turn/brake, and light green-reverse lights. Any thoughts what so ever would be much appreciated thanks guys!
Colton
Chevy 350 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote