The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #10
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

You can install the C30 control arms onto your C10 crossmember. But if you are going to be changing engines anyway, it may be a little less work to just change the entire front suspension. Although I believe the holes in the crossmember for the motor mounts are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Its been awhile since i have been on here. However i have found out the following by doing a search on Rockauto as well as the MOOG website. The 71-87 C20 models and C30 models use the same upper and lower ball joints. As i mentioned before i know where i can get my hands on basically a complete C30 dually donor truck. So im going to wind up going one of two ways. Either pull the entire front suspension and rear diff from the C30 and make my truck into a C30 or pull the entire front end from the C30 and the front end of my C10 and do a full a cross member swap with the 2500LD spindles and rotors. Unless i can pull just the Upper and lower control arms from the C30 and bolt them to my C10s existing front end. But to be honest i would rather pull the entire crossmember assembly since that will also give me the proper engine mounting points for the 6.2 Diesel. Unless of course the mount points are the same between cross members.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote