The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2022, 06:30 PM   #26
omodified

Re: LOF window codes

I received all of my glass from Auto City Classics. I have only inspected the back glass and vent windows, but overall I am pleased with what they did and how fast they did it. The font is very close to the original. I do see a few minor flaws in the logo, but somebody is really gonna have to know what they are looking for to find them. I'm pretty far away from installing any of it, so I will have to report back later on the fit. Here is the etching on the vent and back glass.

Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #27
pjmoreland

That is so cool!
pjmoreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:44 PM   #28
cericd

Nice little detail! Looks much better than having modern stuff etched in the glass or having nothing at all. Kudos.

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:54 PM   #29
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omodified View Post
I received all of my glass from Auto City Classics. I have only inspected the back glass and vent windows, but overall I am pleased with what they did and how fast they did it. The font is very close to the original. I do see a few minor flaws in the logo, but somebody is really gonna have to know what they are looking for to find them. I'm pretty far away from installing any of it, so I will have to report back later on the fit. Here is the etching on the vent and back glass.

I'm pissed.

I have bought a lot of glass from ACC over the years. I called about my truck and the very unhelpful told me they didn't date code truck glass. I went ahead and ordered and the windshield was broken when it arrived. ACC went completely quiet.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:32 PM   #30
omodified

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I'm pissed.

I have bought a lot of glass from ACC over the years. I called about my truck and the very unhelpful told me they didn't date code truck glass. I went ahead and ordered and the windshield was broken when it arrived. ACC went completely quiet.
Sorry this happened to you. The first piece of vent window glass I ordered from them in this process didn’t quite turn out how I wanted and they replaced it at no extra charge. The first time around, I kind of got the same answer about the truck glass. The second time around I dealt with a different person and got a different result obviously. I would stay on the about getting the broken windshield fixed. They should definitely be standing behind their product.

If it helps, I spoke to Dave on my order. I emailed all of my info to him for the etching and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. Good luck.
Board Member #87725
My build thread... http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=813848
omodified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 11:00 PM   #31
davischevy

I got my date coded glass ordered today from ACC, but the windshield was not available with date code.

I will use the glass I received before in another project.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote