The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2022, 11:47 PM   #1
Chevy nutcase

66 c10 electrical issue

Was finishing up some loose ends so Pennsylvania can finally declare my truck road worthy and in fixing one thing I've upset another. I noticed the marker lights in the hood no longer work. I'm getting no power at the firewall plug for the marker lights or turn signals. I wasn't messing with that region directly but I'm wondering if reinstalling the vent and heater control after a rebuild hit some related wiring.
Chevy nutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 09:48 PM   #2
val1gonzales

Re: 66 c10 electrical issue

Check the simple and basic stuff first. Check the fuse, first. Check the connector that is behind the gauges behind the heater controls. There are two block connectors there that the gauges connect. If still no power get wiring diagram and start chasing.
val1gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:01 PM   #3
AcampoDave

Check the plug leading off of the column with your test light. Your blinkers pass through the switch in there before they go out to the firewall.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 09:16 AM   #4
88Stanger

Gotta love electrical... LOL

So when I do Electrical personally I start at one end or the other and typically I take the easy end, the actual plug for the light. Using a test light, test that you have power there.... if you do it could be a bad light bulb, connection to the ground area or bad ground connection outside the bulb case. If no power there, start working your way back until you get a good power signal. Sometimes the issue is quick and simple other times it is in the worst of places. As another has mentioned, having a wiring diagram for your truck is worth its weight in gold. I as others do have a copy of the assembly manual for our trucks and inside it are the wiring diagrams, just an FYI. Good luck though
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote