The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2022, 09:05 AM   #1
jfnar

Very hard ride, '18 swb

This might belong in the 99+ forum, feel free to move if necessary. I recently bought a 2018 standard cab swb 2wd. To say it rides like a log wagon could be considered insulting to log wagon drivers. I've driven everything from chevy luvs to one tons, 2wd, 4wd from every decade back to the 40's. I've never driven a truck that rode this hard. Here are the details:
2018 standard cab swb, 2wd, 13,000 miles. The original 17" wheels have been replaced with 20's by PO. It might have a leveling kit in the front because it it sits pretty level.
I've searched the net and found that many 4wd silverado owners have changed to Bilstein shocks to fix similar problems. The only two options I can think of are to change back to 17's and try the Bilstein shocks. Both cost money so I'd like to be reasonably certain I'll get some improvement before throwing money at it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Attached Images

Last edited by jfnar; 10-31-2022 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add photo
jfnar is offline   Reply With Quote