The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
Bigdually

1989 GMC 6000 Pickup/Toy Conversion

In this thread I'll post the pictures I have up to the current date of my progress converting an unsuspecting 2.5 ton truck into my own version of the ultimate Squarebody dually. One summer on a trip as a kid years ago I saw a crew cab C60 that someone was in the process of converting to a pickup. I knew from that moment that someday I just had to have a truck that cool! Time passed, and in July 2019 I found a beautiful rust free dually bed off an 83 GMC for sale in the town where I work. A rarity here in WV. I bought it with the intent to resell it originally, but the idea of building a big square truck crept back into my head the longer I looked at the bed.

The next week I stumbled across a dirty, grimy GMC 2.5 ton beginning to grow into the weeds about an hour from my house. I suspected it had been a toter or a tow rig of some sort due to its short length, and other than surface rust from the problematic GM white paint peeling, it was in terrific condition. Markings showed it originally came from Georgia, which I attributed its condition to. After some negotiating with the owner, I bought it and two days later caught a ride to where it was with my girlfriend and fired it up, gassed it up, and drove it the hour home.

These are the first pictures I took of it before I even bought it, I'll post more and continue the thread up to date as I go later on. Gotta go to work
Attached Images

Bigdually is offline   Reply With Quote