The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2021, 04:32 PM   #26
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Anti-Window Rattle Seals

I have had GREAT correspondence with Jeff at Precision and then we finished up with a phone call. In short, he is sending me a replacement kit so I can trim, no cost. GMCPauls was on CC to, helping out with measurements too.

This is something he hasn't had reported back to him, though he admits it could be that others just "trim and go". With the photos that I sent, he clearly sees they are two long and is stumped. He is the fellow in their video and he took stock and dropped into the door of that video - no funny stuff going on before/during edits of the video.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:55 PM   #27
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Okay, now that I can roll up my driver's side window again (thank you Bones72Super) I started putting in the anti-rattle belts.

The inner fuzzy just needed a slight cut so it could properly tuck behind the door seal in the B Pillar.

On the outer rubber, well I am holding off until I hear from Jeff. I have marked my tape for the center slots for the snaps, which this allows the rubber belt to line up pretty darn good to the B Pillar (flush). Though it can't fit properly on the vent side - which is the side I need to cut. Which of course it requires a bit more than just whacking off the end. This end tucks between the vent and the door and I want Jeff's eyes on this before I cut anything.

This got me thinking about my door. My truck is a 72 and it seems a 72 door is "special".

1. it has a reinforcement screw - which I learned needs to be loosened. This screw is just behind the vent window.
2. the door's molded cover uses 8 (4 top and 4 lower) "plastic christmas trees" to snap the cover to the door.

So with these slight differences, this makes me wonder if the anti-rattle belts are slight shorter than for 67~71 trucks? Total guess...
Attached Images

Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Old 05-11-2021, 05:12 PM   #28
OregonNed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
whats your lot number on the bag?
Mine is 21030211
Old 05-13-2021, 07:39 PM   #29
OL SKOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
I have been wondering if these seals are any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59VbYcX5H3U

I am not 100% sure these are the seals you are writing about.
They are the inside and outside horizontal seals where the window disappears into the door.
Seems like a good idea.
Feedback from someone that has tried them would be appreciated.
Rick
I bought this kit from Fat Fender Garage. I have had problems with the aftermarket window sweeps before so i decided to try these. I'm probably a year away from using them so no real use details.
Attached Images

OL SKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 04:57 PM   #30
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Got my replacements today and got the passenger side installed. All I ended up trimming was the rubber flap for the outside belt. The total cut out is now 1 inch. I had pre-cut it to be 9/16th but once I got the belt installed I needed to trim it more. I did this very carefully a fresh exacto blade without taking the belt out.

1. My blue tape (which you should use lots IMO) I marked the center slot holes in the door for the claps.
2. Unscrewed the screw that is in, what I gather, in 72 doors under the Vent Window (inside). I think I didn't do this the 1st time, thus my belt could not go in far enough.
3. Stuffed the vent side of the belt between the door and vent (outside) REALLY good.
4. checked the door B Pillar aliment.
5. Working my way from B Pillar to Vent I pulled toward me and down on the belt to get it to snap in. I did this with the door closed and me outside of cab.

The fuzzy side, which I actual installed first.

1. my blue tape (which you should use lots IMO) I marked the center slot holes in the door for the claps.
2. pull out the seal from the door B Pillar so I could stuff the belt into the door pillar, so it would be behind the seal.
3. With door opened and me standing behind the door I lined up the clips, push in and pulled toward me to get the snaps in - working my way from the door B Pillar to the Vent Window.

This time it worked! Or at least after I trimmed the rubber flap again. I think the outer belt could be just slightly cut but I am not removing it. I am letting sleeping dogs lie.

Old 08-03-2022, 06:47 PM   #31
georgieb51

This was all quite helpful and explains why mine fit so poorly. I need to get a new set and cut to fit before installing. I know it should not be that way but that is what it requires. Thanks.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote