The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #1
Werewolf
Woof?

Another newb from Raleigh, NC. What are the chances?

Darn good apparently. The odd thing is that I've been a fan of the '67 to '72 Chevy trucks since I was born, almost literally, so I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get on the 'net and find this site.

I've got fond memories of my mom's '69 Camaro parked next to my dad's '71 C-20 4x4. Whereas the Camaro went, the truck stuck around for years. I sat in the passenger's seat for all those years until about 13, when I got a '65 Chev truck, which had a short life; the frame was rusted out. After junking that truck, I moved on to a '68 Chev that my father and I rebuilt pretty much from the ground up. It wasn't a great job, but the truck was whole, without holes. I kept it until I was about 17, and sold it after only driving it for a few months. Eventually my love for those trucks would resurrect in the form of a few more, the last of which was a '67 C20 that somebody had restored well.

That truck eventually took me and a U-haul trailer from Northern Michigan to Raleigh, where it was sold because I didn't have enough money to pay the bills. Sad day. Since then I've been out of those trucks, despite my love for them. Until yesterday.

I found what I *think* is a '68 CST sitting a couple of hours away that I put money down on last night. I hope to pick it up this weekend... and then I hope to take advantage of your knowledge, as I'm going to need a LOT of information as to what this truck is/was/will be again. I've got a big restoration project ahead of me, and I'm sure I'm going to need lots of help.

I'm looking forward to posting to y'all and chatting about these old trucks to death... especially since nobody in my house wants to hear me go off about them anymore... Thanks!

Last edited by Werewolf; 06-09-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
Botietruck
'71 chevy s.bed/s.side

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you have Chevy blood in them thar veins!
Botietruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Welcome from Northern California!!! Look forward to seeing you around.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #4
shifty
Questionable

Welcome to the forum! Another person from NC! They're coming in flocks this week

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 05:13 AM   #5
Werewolf
Woof?

Thanks for the welcomes. And yes, it's in my genetic makeup or something. I've owned well over 50 cars in my life thus far (most of which were parts cars unfortunately) and the vast majority were Chevrolet, if not another GM flavor. To date I've owned one Subaru, two Dodges, and I recently got my first Ford, but it was $150 and the former owners practically begged me to take it, so don't hate me for it.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
Nolowrider

Welcome, glad to have you here. A lot of good people here!!
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #7
70 shorty
Where's my beer?

Welcome from outside Richmond, VA. We're having a cookout tomorrow at Pocahontas State Park if you fancy a day trip, it's just outside Richmond, see the thread under Board Meets.
'08 Tahoe LTZ 4x4 155K
70 shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #8
Werewolf
Woof?

I appreciate the invite, but tomorrow is a much bigger day for me; it's the day I go get my truck!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #9
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

welcome
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:54 AM   #10
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Welcome Werewolf. You sound a little like me. Last time I counted the cars and trucks I have owned it was 26. I currently own a 71 Chevy C\10 that I am building into a big block- 4 speed truck. My daily driver is a 71 Cheyenne Super short bed 4X4 with a 350 H.O. crate motor. I just retired my 70sometheing C\20 because it blew a head gasket. That truck is made up of a multitude of differant years of parts. Kind of like the Johnny Cash song. It needs body work and suspension work to be a decent truck. It is a 4X4 with a granny low 4-speed. If you have any questions about your truck, feel free to contact me.
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote