The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2021, 11:53 AM   #1
Missyblue

Photo help under bed?

Could someone please help me with a phoot of the tailgate end of under the bed? Or just insight. My fuel tank plan changed and my bed is already removed. Trying to see if tailgate hangs lower than the top of frame rails? I got my crossmembers made to support the new shock location in front of the axle and the new front side of the tank. Now configuring the tail end Thank you
Attached Images

Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:58 PM   #2
_Ogre

Re: Photo help under bed?

Not sure exactly what you are asking about. Obviously the tailgate hangs off the end of the bed/frame. You have bed cross sills that set on top of the frame. You can mount anything up to the top of the bed cross sills, except where the sills are. There will be 1/8" rubber under each sill in top of the frame.
Bed wood is 3/4" thick , the top of the tailgate is even with the top of the bed wood. The read sill is built into the bed and bolts to the frame

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
Missyblue

Re: Photo help under bed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
Not sure exactly what you are asking about. Obviously the tailgate hangs off the end of the bed/frame. You have bed cross sills that set on top of the frame. You can mount anything up to the top of the bed cross sills, except where the sills are. There will be 1/8" rubber under each sill in top of the frame.
Bed wood is 3/4" thick , the top of the tailgate is even with the top of the bed wood. The read sill is built into the bed and bolts to the frame
Thank you for the info. I was away from the bed and trying to figure a few things out but yes sometimes my brain is slow and once I got back and crawled under it I could see how the tailgate hangs down. Just trying to figure clearance issues since my tank changed and wished I had taken more measurements and photos before removing the bed haha. But I think we got it now. Just had to measure the bed supports to figure the spacing between the frame tails and bed. My new tank will have the fill going in the space like this photo... so didnt want it to set too high but want as high as possible to get it tucked up higher haha. It's a fat 25 gallon tank.

And mine didnt have any rubber when removing so thanks for the heads up. I'll look for those when putting back on.
Attached Images

Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote