The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2022, 10:03 PM   #1
mick53

Stretching the engine compartment 6"

On my 53 3100 I plan on widening the front/rear fenders 2". I want to run an 11" rear tire. Super bell made me a custom width front axle. I guess I will have to widen the running board and refit the ends. My primary radiator is almost 8" thick with fan I think. I can probably get it it far enough forward to almost make that end up about where it is. My problem is that I think the 292 is about 3" longer than the 235. Also I have a crank trigger, adapter, 3" blower pully and a 1" dry sump pulley. I was hoping not to end up with a COE. I was thinking of cutting it just in front of the doors and at the bottom of the bump in front of the windshield. Then move the firewall back. I plan on starting on my chassis soon so I just thought I would throw that out there. anybody done this? Any ideas? Feel free to call me crazy. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote