The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2022, 03:12 AM   #1
Soundmound

My '84 Scottsdale

Hello fellow square body brethren. I'm no stranger to the car scene though new to this forum. I have some street cred from other GM forums, I assume that's how that works, no?

Picked this gem up last year after getting nostalgic for the '86 Silverado my dad let me drive to high school on occasion. Getting an eyeful of Orange Slice and some of the Syndicate trucks certainly contributed to the fever. (I'm dying for someone to reproduce that impact graphic just in case any of you know a guy.) Did my research and settled on an 81-87 2wd short. Might have cashed in my karma when I found this one. The frame appears to be mostly shiny black front to back under the dust. There was even an original set of GM spare keys taped up under it. The patina is barely getting started and it shines like near new. Mostly just light chips and stuff and I'm struggling to find evidence that it isn't original paint. Maybe it lived in a barn which could explain the legit 20 pounds of crud that was vacuumed out.

I have just started the interior cleanout and rehab and am pleased to find very minimal surface rust contained to the passenger floorboard where a leaky heater core went untreated by PO. Some POR15 should handle that nicely before it gets sound deadener.

I am looking to do a 4/6 static drop with 20" wheels if I can keep enough rubber on them for a comfortable ride and figure out what will work without needing to pull fender liners or swap to slosh tubs.

That's a brief intro to me and my square lol. Feel free to chew the fat if so inclined. Sorry about not being able to rotate the images.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soundmound; 02-28-2022 at 11:08 AM.
Soundmound is offline   Reply With Quote