The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2021, 01:40 AM   #1
jocww

route 66

Planning on doing route 66 in my 49 chevy 5 window. Thinking about getting a yeti roadie 20 for drinks and snacks and then can refill at motels along the way. Anybody know how much they weigh when full of ice. I have a 65 qt pelican but that is too big. I want something small that i can carry inside a motel room at night and store in the cab when doing day excursions. Plan on doing this pretty light weight. Back pack full of clothes, my Ipad. I figure I can eat out for dinner or lunch at a famous diner or restaurant for most big meals, but for snacks and drinks along the way I think the roadie would be pretty good fit. I do have a hopper 30 but its soft sided, i think the 20 would be cool to put stickers on a long the way.

Anybody have any attractions that I should see or do? Any good places to stay the night at? Any place I should avoid? Im going to do it in reverse Santa Monica to Chicago and then take 80 back to SF. Im planning on doing it in 10 days or so.

My travel blog
The Wong Winding Road-Adventures of The Chinese Cowboy
https://thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com/
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote