The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
brap999

Drive Line - Lorton, VA

Just a word of warning. If you're looking to get work done to a drive shaft and live in the Northern VA area, do not use the shop Drive Line in Lorton VA. I've been dealing with a drive shaft headache for a week and a half because of this shop.

Long story short, they cut the drive shaft 1 inch too short, blamed us (my father and I), but they agreed to 'fix' it. My drive shaft had two brand new u-joints and was in pretty good shape. When it came time to pick up the drive shaft, they instead offered me some rusted out one from another vehicle. They were eager to take my money, but not friendly or eager to help with the mistake. My drive shaft was 'no longer available', what ever that means, so I'm stuck with this one and for 100 bucks (the cost of the service) it's not worth fighting over any longer. My truck has been out of commission this entire time and I need it back on the road.

The one they gave me fits, and it's the right length, but its not from a '63 chevy truck, it has different size u-joints, used, and the clips mount differently.

There are other shops that do this kind of work in the area, with employees that are much friendlier. I'd suggest you skip this shop and avoid a potential head ache.

I cleaned up the drive shaft and painted it today, and will use it for the time being until I locate a proper drive shaft for my truck.

Funny enough, when I first visited the shop, all the guys were just sitting around, and one of them mentioned how slow business was. Looking back, I can see why.
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1-1LE
It's never too early to beef up my obituary
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
96blazr

Re: Drive Line - Lorton, VA

Sorry to read you had such a bad time of it. I went there about 8 years ago to ask about a new shaft for my 66 Burb and they looked at me like I was from Mars. I got a lot of "just bring your truck in and leave it with us and we'll take care of it" and my Spidey sense was going off, so I said "um, yeah, sure, I'll drop it off next week". Asked around about them at local cruise-ins and shows and got nothing but "DO NOT take your stuff there".

I will tell you this though, if you need ANYTHING done to your truck, get in touch with THE place in our area:
ALL AMERICAN STREET RODS in Gainesville. 703-508-9399. Jason owns and runs AASR and he's one of THE BEST Builders of Rods on the east coast and Mike is THE BEST Mechanic period. These are the ONLY 2 people I let work on my truck.
www.allamericanstreetrods.com

Hope to see ya at some of the upcoming shows this month.

Remember, no matter where you go,
There you are.

Gary
96blazr is offline   Reply With Quote