The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
duallyjams

Thumbs down GMC Pauls issue

The only reason that I tried to place a order with them because they advertise on here but I have tried to place two different order's with them and all I get is a email with item on back order with no ETA, sorry to to say I will not try a third time.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
GMCPaul

Re: GMC Pauls issue

Sorry we didn't have 1 part available on both orders you placed but we do try to keep sufficient quantities in stock but this time of year ( Christmas shopping season ) and our inventory is constantly changing. In regards to the 64-66 4pc chrome bead we were out of stock we had them up until about a month ago and shipped our last set. BUT we ordered 6 sets in Sept. that have been on back order with the manufacturer since we placed the order and they are still currently on back order. So its rather harsh to fault a business for being out of stock on something that they ordered more than 45 days before depleting their in stock quantities. In regards to the door glass last set in stock sold 3 weeks ago. we order them in 1 set at a time. The manufacturer has been out of them and we've been on back order.
Now if you want the 4pc so bad that was out of stock for the 8pc kit you ordered and don't mind lower quality just place the order again for the 8pc door anti-rattle set and place a note in the comments section that your happy with lower quality parts than we normally carry and I'll have a set here in 2 days for you. BUT they will be a lower quality than the Precision brand that we normally carry and you'll give us a boost on profits as the other manufacturers actually charge less so we'll make a greater profit supplying you with a lower quality part.
Nah forget that last paragraph I don't want known for offering a lower quality part when the better part isn't available.
Since everything being in stock seems to matter MOST rather than quality I'd suggest trying LMC they'll order from anyone regardless of quality to try to keep the parts in stock.
Thanks for trying us but with as easily as you give a thumbs down its probably to our benefit that we lost your business by not already having lower quality parts on hand to keep you happy.
Hope you have a Healthy, Happy & Safe Holiday season and I hope 2015 finds you the same.
Paul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
duallyjams

A buyers point of view. Why buy 1 item from multiple vendors and pay multiple shipping charges ?
Personally it would save a buyer ( me ) time and effort to know if a item is in stock or on back order when placing a order.

You have a outstanding reputation on here for providing outstanding service.
but
You currently have items on your web site that you currently do not have or a time frame of when you will have them.

Please do not take this wrong as it's only my point of view and by referring me to another vendor well I think enough has been said.

63 GMC V6 4speed carryall
65 chevy swb bbw V8 auto
68 K20 327/4 speed, buddy buckets
2002 GMC CC Dually Duramax

64 GMC lwb 3/4 V6 4speed SOLD
66 GMC swb bbw buddy buckets SOLD

IG duallyjams

The only thing that stays the same is constant change!

Last edited by duallyjams; 12-02-2014 at 11:37 AM.
duallyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
Dano69c10

In general;
I never understood why vendors advertise parts for sale that are not in stock.
It would help customers if there was an "out of stock" notation by the part or "back ordered" notation, before an order is placed.
Not just directed at this vendor, but at all vendors who do this.

It ain't yours, if you didn't build it!
Dano69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #5
GMCPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano69c10 View Post
In general;
I never understood why vendors advertise parts for sale that are not in stock.
It would help customers if there was an "out of stock" notation by the part or "back ordered" notation, before an order is placed.
Not just directed at this vendor, but at all vendors who do this.
Because if the item may not be in stock in my warehouse the second you order it I might have a delivery occurring that day or soon after and we then notify the customer of such, also my manufacturer or multiple suppliers may have it sitting in their warehouse that I can ship it straight from them to the customer. Based on your example why do my manufacturers and suppliers list parts they make that they don't currently have in stock?? Because they sell the product and the demand has temporarily out stripped the supply of the part needed. The same as occurs with us. Example last week I had 12 1/2 ton mounting kits, suddenly 8 sold in 3 days. My reorder point is at 4 left in stock, I order another 8 the manufacturer has 3 and I got back ordered on 5. So now if the same ordering occurs over a 3 day period before my back ordered bushings arrive then I'll be short 1 set. Also if I list my warehouse inventory online then I have parts listed on ebay and the ebay item sells then my warehouse has just depleted the inventory by 1 and the web site inventory of the warehouse remains unchanged unless we then go in and adjust the inventory #'s every time a product sells through other than the web site. Very Time Consuming and very easy to make a error doing this.
Nothing seems to be a perfect system but we try with what we have to work with.
In regards to the retailers that do have inventory shown as in stock or not I'm sorry but in my years purchasing retail I've received MANY emails from such vendors After I've made the purchase informing me the item they showed in stock was not available. So as I said its not a perfect world but we TRY......................
Paul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote