The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #51
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Re: CPP Rant !!!

OH GREAT!!!!....here's my 0.02 worth....bros....

I bought the "grand slam" from CPP back in 2006 (and of course before I knew about this awesome board)....They weren't very quick on shipping but I wasn't in a hurry...just yet....finally got all the parts....which shockingly I received everything!!!....BUT....My passenger shock just started leaking where the shaft goes into the cylinder....I called them and they said to return (on my dime) for inspection (and it's under warranty) and they'll send me out another one (on my dime)....you'll never guess....I'm still waiting....almost a 2 weeks now since they received it....UGH....I should of just bought a new one!!!!

1972 Custom Deluxe C20 Suburban A Suburban Named Isabella

1966 Ford Mustang Mama's High School Graduation Present
gcburdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #52
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Well...I guess their ears were burning...got a call Friday afternoon from Randy that they'll send me a new one....got the shipping tracking code last night....thought it would take longer, but I guess not....suppose to be here Friday I'll let you know if it does!

Old 02-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #53
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
That is my point, bro.
CPP makes crap and they buy the cheapest of replacement parts!
Next time you go and spend your hard earned American dollars, ask the guys at CPP if the parts your are buying are Made in the USA. Say what you want but offshore parts will never be in the same league as USA made parts.
I think the person who made this rant is like alot of us on this site and cares about the smallest of details when building our projects. I understand the washer makes no differance in that application but, I also understand his rant about spending $250 for parts that are inferior to stock pieces. I bet anyone here those CPP pieces will fail in any fatigue test compared to say a 72 stock spindle.
As, if we have not seen enough fabbing required to install CPP parts when they tell you you are buying a bolt on kit.
I am out bro!

CPP parts are made in USA. I bought a set of Western drop spindles for my 72. The 71-72 drop spindles they sell are manufactured by Western (USA)....the ones they sell that use the later (73-up) ball joints are their own brand. I live locally to them, and have never had a problem with parts fitment or help. Most of the rants I see about them are because of shipping problems. My suggestion to you would be to buy from a local vendor. Everybody raves about how great Brothers is...I live locally to them also, and must say I like CPP better. My .02
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #54
gcburdic
Restoration Virgin!

Got the shock last Saturday!!!....I am still in disbelief that they turned it around rather quickly!!!....

Old 03-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #55
66chevy PROSTREET
SOLD

I think its not jut a CPP thing, i think its the greedy/easy way out mentality that companies have now. i have ordered from all these companies- brothers,cpp,ece ,summit,jegs and a dozen others and i have had problems with ALL of them, weather its shipping, wrong parts ,ect.....
i think they all really don't give a crap in the end, they just want ur money!

TRUCK THREAD- http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=301368&page=2

Last edited by 66chevy PROSTREET; 03-25-2009 at 06:58 PM.
66chevy PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #56
66chevy PROSTREET
SOLD

CPP STRIKES AGAIN.

They sent me the wrong parts, but the invoice was right. I think that might be the last time i buy from them.

TRUCK THREAD- http://http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=301368&page=2
66chevy PROSTREET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:15 AM   #57
meansting04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I would agree to a point.

The washer in this case does not affect the quality or structural integrity of the suspension. Like I mentioned, I've had to use the washers on more than one application. I thought it was unusual the first time I experienced the issue . . ..... but I never had problems w/the fix.
Shims will be fine. You shouldn't have to but, you will be fine if you do. If they will give you new ones then get them. For the cost of shipping i would shim my heart out. If you have 2 exposed threads and a cotter key you will not have a problem, as far as safety and function.