The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Sinister
Between Trucks...

Summit Racing Rules

Summit Racing kicks . There huge selection and great website make shopping a total pleasure. Customer service is top notch. I ordered a spare hard to find Gatorback V-belt last night. The shipped it out last night at 11:00 PM, it'll be here tomorrow. Super fast shipping for $5 totally rocks.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Indian113

Re: Summit Racing Rules

I ordered a set of wheels from them,$20.00 cheaper than directly from Wheel Vintique and I got FREE Shipping. They shipped out on Thursday and delivered on Saturday for no charge!!!!!
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
lilpoindexter

I ordered the wrong shocks, I got another set no questions asked...I did have to pay for return shipping , but they paid the freight on the 2nd set they sent me. I love buying stuff from summit....Im getting close to getting my tax refund too!
lilpoindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
TCS7

Bought a set of wheels and they didn't fit. Returned for full refund. No questions. I've never had a problem with Summit.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
TCS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
pockets

i've been really happy as well. Everything except my hoist I've bought from them so far.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
allengator

Always have good luck with SUMMIT....

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
Restrorob
The One And Only !!!

I ordered a 2 1/16" in/under dash gas gauge, It arrived in 3 days. I opened the box and found it had been mounted/used scratched up and had no wiring instruction sheet (not like I needed instructions).

I cocked both barrels and give um a call, I knew it wasn't the fault of the poor person who was going to pick up my call but I was pizzed and needed to unload. I didn't get a full sentence out before the guy interrupted and flat out killed me with kindness !

The big brown truck showed up the next day with a call tag for the "used" one and brought a new one the following day, I opened the box and the guy had threw in their decal/trash bag deal a new catalog AND a Summit hat....

SUMMIT ROCKS !!!
88 TA-GTA in the works....
97 GMC Ext. Cab
502 Crate 5 Spd......Sucks Gas But Haulz Azz !

The primary function of an Engineer is to make it difficult for the Fabricator and impossible for the Mechanic.

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Restrorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:09 PM   #8
71STPSDE

I've spent 1000's of dollars with them for the past 16 years. I love the fast shipping and the awesome customer service. There prices might not be the cheapest, but you get great service though. It's nice to be able to return something and not have to pay for a stocking fee.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
hpurey

Yes sir!....I know this is an old thread but didn't want to start another being it was for the same thing anyway. I just ordered some Headers, a heater core and a fuel pressure regulator yesterday mid-afternoon at work Aug 24th and received the heater core today Aug 25th.. The headers and Fuel prssr reg. scheduled for tomorrow eta. Everytime I have ordered from Summit I skipped out on paying the extra for faster shipping because I get it in a few days anyway. Woohoo!, got some things to do this weekend
hpurey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #10
big_al_71

Same here I have purchased thousand of $$$ from them and have never had an issue parts at my door in two days and free shipping to boot.

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
biggestjohn

I have been buying from Summit for over 15 years, and have always loved them.................except for recently.

I called to get a price match on some items, some of which were $30 cheaper elsewhere. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with this CSR, only to find out that he was going on the other web sites to find out the shipping charges from the other sites. He then tried to charge me 4 different shipping charges!!

A price match is a price match on the item, not the total cost. If they want to play that game, I will buy the items from the competitors. I'm not calling just so that I can have the privilege of buying from Summit. I decided to go to Jegs. I can price match directly on their site and never have to speak to anyone!!! AND I get the items just as fast!!!

I have spent well over $10,000 with Summit over the years, and yes, I will still purchase there, but only if Jegs (or others) doesn't have what I'm looking for.
biggestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
El Campo

I love Summit! Have also spent many thousands of dollars there. Every time I order anything from Jegs and I have many times the prices they give me on phone are higher on at least some items then they are on website or in catalog. I order parts from other places too but nothings beats those Summit boxes! And that 11.95 handling fee is more than fair I believe when u consider that u can get that price no matter how much you order.
Posted via Mobile Device
72 Chevy SWB: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486626 (Attempt/Mistake #2)
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Superglide with 2007 Street Bob front end
2000 Ford F350 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB, 310,000 miles running great (STOLEN St. Patricks Day 2014 AND NEVER RECOVERED)
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 4WD CCLB (To replace stolen one)
Hook em Horns!!!
El Campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #13
79k30dually

I purchased a pypes exhaust system, 2.5" mandril bent stainless, for my Laguna for less than pypes wanted. I also had the system the next day. The best thing is when I do call I don't have to listen to a 18 kid who drives a honda tell me what I need for my vehicles. Great People, Ron
79k30dually is offline   Reply With Quote