The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Country705

Update of Project "Country Dumplin"

I posted a thread a long time ago but all of the pictures were deleted from the image hosting site I had been using. Here for your viewing pleasure is my 1986 GMC Sierra K1500. The truck is a swb and currently has 33inch tires on it. Right now I am just going through and doing an assessment of things that need to be repaired and or replaced and trying to get the truck into a daily driver status. Right now I am on the fence as far as what to do about the transmission and engine that is currently in the truck. The transmission is a 700r4 and it has recently completely quit shifting. The engine which is a 350 is leaking oil from every gasket and it is very tired. The interior in the truck is actually pretty decent but it is in need of some parts to make it perfect. The gauge cluster works however, at night time the lights in the dash work but if you don't take the fuse out of the fuse block the battery will be dead the next morning. The gauge bezel is broke the previous owner hacked it together to install a cd player. The heater works but doesn't blow very strong. All in all the truck is a solid foundation to make a good dependable driver with it being 27 years old I expect that I will have my hands full fixing things that are wore out but I look forward to doing it. Thanks for viewing my thread and any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Without further delay here is the pictures: