The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
HEISEL

headlight help.

I need some help if I can get it. I have a 1972 swb 4x4 chevy. So the cab and front clip were rusted so bad that I needed to replace them. So I got a new(to me) 68 gmc complete cab for my truck. I also got a 70 chevy front clip. I have It all together now. I wired it all up and my headlights do NOT work but the parking lamps WORK! I went back over the wiring and grounds and fuses everything looks ok. I was a dumb ass a got rid of the old wiring I looked in the LMC catalog and It had a different headlight harness for 67, 68, 69-72. cab-68, clip and headlight harness are 70 chevy. Can I convert the headlight harness to the 68 fuse box? move the pins around? thanks.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: headlight help.

The head light harnesses for the 67 and 68 are designed so that the parking lights come on when the switch is pulled out half way and go off when it is pulled out all the way. In 69 the DOT mandated that the parking lights would stay on whenever the lights were on. The harnesses were designed to do this for the 69 up trucks. Other than that the harnesses are pretty much the same.

The thread just above yours explains how the headlights are wired and show diagrams to illustrate the wiring. it should answer your questions.

This is the link..
.......http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=544897

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote