The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
jtj143

99 Suburban Parting Out

1999 Chevy Suburban C1500 Pewter / Tan w/ Barn Doors
All parts are USED from a 167000 mile truck. Buyer will be responsible for paying actual shipping charges.
This Suburban will be going to the scrap yard soon. I thought some of the Suburban-specific parts may be needed by someone.
I am near Clarksville, Tennessee. Most anything sold will ship USPS priority mail.
I will be in White House, TN July 20-22. I am willing to meet a buyer there with the parts to eliminate shipping charges.
This is MOSTLY interior parts. Some of the trim and plastic covers etc. are not available aftermarket. Here is one of each, and I'd like to get rid of all of it. This may be your chance to get what you need for your Suburban!
The following are not available;
  • Front clip
  • Motor
  • Transmission
  • Aluminum wheels
  • Roof rack
  • Air conditioning system
  • Seats & seat belts

If you need something that you don't see listed, please inquire.
And always ask for clarification of condition or for more detailed photos.

The interior color is TAN

Overhead Console ~ $50

Cassette deck AM/FM Radio. Missing knobs, looks rough ~ $15

Both Deep and Shallow Dome Light Assemblies ~ $15 each

Driver side doors. Includes glass, motor, switches, inner panels Front ~ $50 Rear ~ $75

Factory CD Player ~ $25

Sun visors. Missing one mirror cover and one lens ~ $20

Glove box door with RPO Label ~ $40

Follow this link to see more photos;
  • Grille
  • Ashtray
  • Cupholders
  • Center console
  • Sill plates / carper dividers
  • Suspension components
  • Rear axle
  • Frame
  • Body
  • Barn doors
  • Privacy glass
  • Rear wiring harness
  • Fuel lines
  • Windshield wiper motor
  • Steering box
  • Power brake booster
  • ABS controller
  • Instrument cluster

Please ask for pictures of specific parts.
'65 GMC Suburban 4X4, '71 GMC 4X4 LWB - The Yellow Eyed Monster, '86 C10 Silverado - Oldest Daughter's Pickup, '88 S15 GMC Work Truck, '95 GMC SLE 4X4 - Second Daughter's Truck, '99 K1500 GMC Suburban Road Trip Machine, 2000 C2500 W/T Utility Bed Work Truck, '03 Silverado - Wife's Grocery Getter
jtj143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
BarryB

Re: 99 Suburban Parting Out

Did this burb have the third row seat? I need the part that hold the floor up to the back of the middle seat. If it does can I can a pic and price. shipping would be 37617.
if its for sale that is. I jut read seats weren't available.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
jtj143

Barry, I am happy to take a photo for you, but I'm not sure that I understand what it is you need?? This truck did have the third row seat. Are you asking about the hinged piece on the rear of the middle seats? The flat 'board' that, when the middle row seats are folded forward, help create a smooth flat cargo floor?
'65 GMC Suburban 4X4, '71 GMC 4X4 LWB - The Yellow Eyed Monster, '86 C10 Silverado - Oldest Daughter's Pickup, '88 S15 GMC Work Truck, '95 GMC SLE 4X4 - Second Daughter's Truck, '99 K1500 GMC Suburban Road Trip Machine, 2000 C2500 W/T Utility Bed Work Truck, '03 Silverado - Wife's Grocery Getter
Old 07-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
Ackattack

I need the following:

drivers side front interior door handle
drives side front exterior door handle
hood release mechanism (the interior part)
dash bezel (goes around instrument cluster)
center console (on floor)
overhead console

I may also need the trim that goes around each interior door handle and the drivers/pass. side window control panel. My crew cab has the goddy wood grain crap glued to it.

can you send me prices and picture for all of this.

Also, what does the carpet look like? Can you also take measurements? I'm not sure if it would fit in a crew cab. I'm thinking it might be in couple of pieces and may work. I'm going to try to clean my carpets, but they're pretty uggly.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
jtj143

Hi Ackattack, let me know if any of this suits you;

drivers side front interior door handle ~ $9

drives side front exterior door handle ~ busted

hood release mechanism (the interior part) ~ broken & discarded

dash bezel (goes around instrument cluster) including A/C vents and light switch with instrument dimmer and courtesy override ~ $55

center console (on floor) ~ With cupholders (front & rear) Slide out drawer on rear, lid, latch slightly damaged ~ $75

overhead console with rear air controls, map lights, garage door opener storage, sunglasses storage, & storage bin ~ $40

the trim that goes around each interior door handle ~ $15 for all four. Note the slight damage on one of the left side pieces. That's $5 a piece for the good ones, and you can have the fourth.

drivers/pass. side window control panel with speaker grill ~ $20 for both

Also, what does the carpet look like? ~ The carpet is filthy. It would need a major cleaning job to get it decent. I would not use it. I will measure it for you if you want - let me know.

All of these parts have come out of the same Suburban and it has TAN interior. Some of these photos make the parts look grey, but I assure you that the parts are tan.

I hope you can use some of this!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #6
Ironhorse

Interested in the TAN sunvisors, is that $20 for the pair plus shipping, correct? Would like to see some pics please. Is the cloth good on both with no tears or holes, just needing cleaning and only the passenger side door and driver side mirror missing?
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #7
jtj143

Hi Ironhorse, Thanks for your interest!

Both mirrors are good. The passenger side visor is missing the mirror cover and one vanity light lens.

The cloth is not torn, but very dirty.

The grey piece is for color reference.

Driver's side visor

Damaged hinge

passenger side

The driver's side visor has a bit of 'graffiti'. If the driver were to look up over his head at the roof, on the sunvisor he would see faint letters on the visor. The letters themselves are not too bad, but the sequence causes them to become quite vulgar. The letters are only noticed because of a difference in texture from the rest of the cloth. The visor cloth is a bit fuzzy, and the letters are smooth. I don't believe that the letters will clean off. I think that the fabric is permanently damaged. Perhaps done with a lighter? The cloth is not burned, but maybe scarred? The photo does not show the blemish very well, but I would be hesitant to use the drivers visor without it being re-covered.

You are correct, it is $20 for the set, plus shipping.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Ironhorse

Thanks for the pics and for your honesty on the sunvisors. Think I will pass on these as much as I don't want to. My visors are in great shape other than the mirror door hinges are broken on both sides. Man, I hate plastic this and plastic that. Again, thanks for your honesty in the pics and description. Wish the visors were nicer, the $20 is a great price.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
orange72blazer

I need the drivers side front door sill plate. It's the ribbed plastic part that holds the carpet down, its about 29"Lx2 3/4W with 2 or 3 screws that hold it to the floor.
orange72blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
BarryB

Thanks, I got a pic of where the part is supposed to go, so we can from there. after looking at mine the floor section is attached to the middle seat. when you have the third row in. You can fold the floor up, and the clip in to the back of the seat.The plastic clips that hold the floor to the back of the middle seat is what I need. There are two one for the seat that fold up to access the third row seat and one on the back of the other seat. I'm not 100% sure how they come off since mine were broken and missing when I bought mine.
Also I could use the passenger step, mine has a rip in it from the PO. if your burb has it. but shipping that might be a hard to do.
Attached Images

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

Two rules in life.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
1972 CST

are the barn doors in good condition and how much?
1972 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
jtj143

Quote:
Wish the visors were nicer
Me too Ironhorse.

Quote:
orange72blazer
I need the drivers side front door sill plate

I will wipe down the best sill plate for you. $10 plus shipping. I think I have the screws.

Barry, I understand what you need, unfortunately it went with the seats. This truck doesn't have running boards. Wish I could be more helpful.
Quote:
1972 CST
are the barn doors in good condition and how much?
The Barn doors are ok.

The left door is in good shape.

The inside of the right door...

Lower right door...

Hinge area of right door...

Door strikers.

If you want 'em - the doors with inner trim panels, handles, latches, strikers, contacts all intact for $200 plus shipping. The glass in both doors is in great shape, but there is tape residue on both. I will cut the hinges on the truck side, the hinge pins are in tight, they can probably be pressed out.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #13
palallin

If no interest in the right barn door as a whole, I'd like to talk about the trim/interior panel.

Last edited by palallin; 07-20-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Typo
palallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #14
orange72blazer

I'll take the sill plate. Just let me know how much shipping will be to Grand Rapids, MI 49315

I am also interested in just the drivers side barn door I dont need the interior panel. How much for just that door & shipping to Grand Rapids, MI 49315? How is the paint on it, is there any rust dents scratches?
Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #15
BarryB

in order to remove the hinge pins on the barn doors. Do you have a acetylene oxy. torch. I had to heat the hinge at the top. then took my air chisel on the bottom of the pin, they slide right out. they are similar to a lug stug, has splines on top. thought I'd throw that out there. just in case some didn't know.

Two rules in life.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
48cj2a

Did you ever have any issues with the radio or CD having no output (sound)? I need the littllle aluminum AMP box above the gas pedal
Posted via Mobile Device
48 Willys CJ2A 48CJ2A
48cj2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #17
C10 Club Tennessee

Would you be willing to cut about 6-8 inches on each side of the fuel door? I need that for my 71 burb? I'd want the neck also, if possible.

www.gmtruckshow.com

Project "Andes"-Halen's First Truck

Project: Patina Burb

for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:4
5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #18
jtj143

Quote:
palallin
If no interest in the right barn door as a whole, I'd like to talk about the trim/interior panel.
Palallin, I'll wait a day or two more to see what 1972 CST has to say.

Quote:
orange72blazer
I'll take the sill plate. Just let me know how much shipping will be to Grand Rapids, MI 49315

I am also interested in just the drivers side barn door I dont need the interior panel. How much for just that door & shipping to Grand Rapids, MI 49315? How is the paint on it, is there any rust dents scratches?
Thanks
Orange72Blazer, Your sill plate is ready to ship, but I will hold it a couple of days to see if the driver's side barn door is still available.

Quote:
BarryB
in order to remove the hinge pins on the barn doors. Do you have a acetylene oxy. torch. I had to heat the hinge at the top. then took my air chisel on the bottom of the pin, they slide right out. they are similar to a lug stug, has splines on top. thought I'd throw that out there. just in case some didn't know.
Thanks for the advice Barry, I used a propane torch and a nail-set with a two pound short handled sledge - use what ya got right?

It took about two hours and four beers to get one door off.

I boogered up the paint just a little bit. This was already the worse of the doors.

On the second barn door should I cut the hinges, or burn the paint heating the hinges? What's your advice??

Quote:
48cj2a
Did you ever have any issues with the radio or CD having no output (sound)? I need the littllle aluminum AMP box above the gas pedal
48cj2a, the radio did not work at all.

Quote:
Would you be willing to cut about 6-8 inches on each side of the fuel door? I need that for my 71 burb? I'd want the neck also, if possible.
5150, I'm keeping the fuel door and filler neck...just in case I move the tank on the '71.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
palallin

Quote:
Palallin, I'll wait a day or two more to see what 1972 CST has to say.
Very good. I'll keep an ear out, then.
Thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #20
BarryB

LMC has those little rubber door bushings for the barn doors. unfortunately they get burned when you put heat on them, but if your going thru all the trouble replacing barn doors, might as well replace those bushings as well. You can also get them from the dealer but they are 5 bucks a piece.

Two rules in life.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #21
orange72blazer

I also need the rear wiring harness, the one that goes to the tailights, if you still have it & its in good condition & not hacked up.
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
jtj143

Palallin, Here are some photos of the right (passenger) barn door interior panel & window trim.

Trim Panel ~ $25

Rear Window Trim ~ $20

The window trim is not perfect, but the trim panel will look great after a good cleaning. Prices plus shipping.

orange72blazer, Here are some close-ups of the driver's side barn door.

I know you don't need the interior panels, but I will leave them attached.

Price for the left barn door ~ $125 plus shipping. I will send you a p/m with the details of my shipping option research.

The rear harness separates - one section goes to the fuel pump, and maybe brake sensors. The other powers the tail lights & license plate lamps, along with the pigtail to wire in trailer connectors. The wiring harnesses are all in excellent condition. I disconnected all connections instead of cutting. Here are some pics;

Tail light harness ~ $20

Old 07-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
palallin

Great: Sum total shipped to 65559?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
jtj143

palallin, p/m sent
Old 08-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #25
rich-white

I didn't see if it had power seats. I am looking for a power lead going from the fuse panel? to the bottom of the seat for power.
rich-white is offline   Reply With Quote