The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-15-2002, 02:07 AM   #1
Alvin
Never Done?

Updating my site, want some feedback

I'm currently remodeling the site about my truck, and would like to know what you guys think. There are only a few pages that work, but I'll be adding more day by day. Thanks in advance, and be honest!!

oz.uc.edu/~vogelal/

use that url, not the one in my sig

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Looking good! What's the stoy on that blue truck on the main page? Is that yours? Or just a picute you found for inspiration?? Check out my site..... might give you some ideas.
Old 06-15-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
XXL
Seņor Member

Re: Updating my site, want some feedback

Quote:
Originally posted by Alvin
Thanks in advance, and be honest!!

oz.uc.edu/~vogelal/

use that url, not the one in my sig
Nice site, good info, etc. Keep it coming.

From the technical side, you need to consider people who are running 800x600 video resolution. Your site layout blows up pretty bad when it's viewed at 800x600. Lots of scrolling side to side to see stuff.

Also, from the 'human factors' people (that's a fancy term for 'ergonomicists,' which is a fancy term for people who complain about how things are used )... you should consider keeping your section links the same on each page. For now, the text links at the bottom of the page are hopping around depending on which page you're on. That forces the user to "learn" each page all over again. If, instead, all navigation was identically named and placed on each page, the user would only have to learn the page once, and then each new page's navigation would already be understood.

Overall, looks good. Keep up the good work.

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 11:15 PM   #4
Alvin
Never Done?

Yeah, those are the couple problems I've been working on solving lately. I think I've got a couple of ideas. The blue truck on the main page is a modified picture of a truck I was thinking of purchasing. I used paint shop pro to put Plymouth Prowler wheels on it, shave it, lower it, and fix some rust spots. It's probably the best photo editing I've done!!! But I really like the way it looks and hope to have my truck looking like that in a few years...minus the prowler wheels. Thanks again,

Ethel has been sold.
Alvin is offline   Reply With Quote