The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #51
conoco

Re: Help with no spark please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter757 View Post
Did your new distributor come with a new coil or did you use your old one? You could have a bad coil, but yes you should trace the 12V wire back and look for any issues. Did you check the underside of your cap to make sure the center pin is still there that touches the rotor. Good luck, keep looking you will find the issue it just takes time.
It came with a new coil, before I bought and entire new distributor, I had bought just the coil from Napa. and then I had the one that came out lol. So now I have 3 coils, 2 brand new and the 1 that I always had!! All the coils have tested good when OHM testing them. It has got to be the wire somewhere. That's the only thing I can think of. With the key in the run position it has power, but as soon as I start it the voltage drops. I am thinking that it is the power line from the BATT terminal to where ever it connects, maybe it is fried or something somewhere in between. I am gonna give it one last go when I fly home, if I can fix it i'll take it into a shop!!
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #52
conoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbks_Cruiser View Post
I thought of this on my way home: I agree with dmj. Trace the wires and check the connections. Somewhere there may be a poor connection or splice. Carries enough current to see 12v on your multimeter or your test light, but not enough current for the distributor to operate.
Thank the lord I got her started!! Been driving her the last two days and just in time for my fishing trip tomorrow!! I have no idea what fixed it but here is everything I replaced
Distributor
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Ignition switch
Headlight switch
New ground cable

There's gotta be something else lol. I'm really not sure what fixed it. I got home from. The arctic on Monday. And spent all night re doing everything I had already done and double checking my work. Sure as ****, she fired right up. Timed her and tuned her a little and I hope she makes it to the Kenai and back this weekend lol. Thanks for all your help brother.
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:28 PM   #53
Fbks_Cruiser

Good deal! Good luck fishing. Pictures required!

Matt
Fbks_Cruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #54
schovil69

I stopped by while you were in the arctic and got her running. Just needed fuel in the tank. lol
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote