The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2023, 07:22 PM   #26
72c20customcamper

Re: 3/4t hubcap question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevmn View Post
Just fyi, the later stainless Chevrolet caps will fit over a Dana 60, but the stainless (concave center) GMC will not - at least not without interference and it will press the center portion outward. Why? Because the GMC lettering is embossed inward, where the Chevy is not. Beware. Early convex center caps are no issue with the Dana axle.
Did not know that
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 07:41 PM   #27
chevmn

Quote:
Just fyi, the later stainless Chevrolet caps will fit over a Dana 60, but the stainless (concave center) GMC will not - at least not without interference and it will press the center portion outward. Why? Because the GMC lettering is embossed inward, where the Chevy is not. Beware. Early convex center caps are no issue with the Dana axle.
I should have mentioned..... wheel spacers would be a viable option, and it would not take much at all to offset the wheel enough to make up for the embossing on the GMC hubcap. And, I am unsure if the Ford (or other 8 lug wheels) are same offset. I test fit on factory 16.5 wheels, which I am only using to move my truck around then I will be going to the Ford Accuride 16x7 wheels for multiple reasons, mostly due to availability of tires that are not heavy load rated and I have no plans to haul much of anything or tow, and I know how they ride.

Last edited by chevmn; 07-13-2023 at 07:48 PM.
chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 03:09 PM   #28
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCBubba View Post
thanks guys. I ended up buying kwmech's 3 hubcaps. but that means I'm still searching for more. thanks.
If still in need and looking for a single or two, we have some stainless GMC P03 hubcaps listed/available in the below linked parts board f/s thread. Have a look and let us know, Mel

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=838101
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 10:47 AM   #29
factorystock

Quote:
The concave center on '73-'75 caps can be popped out with a rubber mallet to closely resemble the convex '69-'72.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 12:01 PM   #30
Bob B.

Quote:
This is true for many OEM 16.5" wheels. I run the concave stainless GMC caps on my Dana axle truck, but they fit fine with the aftermarket 16X7 steel wheels I have.