The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2014, 03:10 PM   #51
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: 60-66 gauge cluster restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
Bump for a great guy who does fantastic work!
I just noticed this post. Thank you for the kind words sir. See you soon.

As always, anyone who needs restoration services or cluster parts for the 60-66 gauge clusters should contact me.

Take care,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #52
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Weekend bump

Have a good weekend all,

Take care,
Tom

Old 12-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #53
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Bump for a new week.

Looking forward to the new year and some new customers.

Thank you,
Tom

Old 12-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #54
Black Burban

I have a 66 C10 gauge cluster with mechanical oil pressure gage (copper line from gage to engine block) do you have or can you do an electric oil pressure gage that matches the original? Also can you do the clock hands on orange to match the other gages?
Thanks
Black Burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #55
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Burban View Post
I have a 66 C10 gauge cluster with mechanical oil pressure gage (copper line from gage to engine block) do you have or can you do an electric oil pressure gage that matches the original? Also can you do the clock hands on orange to match the other gages?
Thanks
What I normally do is use a electric oil pressure gauge from a 76 and up Corvette and put a 64-66 face on it. I modify the needle to look as close to original. You would have to get the correct 76 Corvette oil pressure sender and do the wiring to make it work.

If you are talking about the 55/56 Chevy passenger car clocks, yes I can dis assemble them and paint the clock hands to match the gauge needles.

Hope this helps,

Take care,
Tom

Old 12-24-2014, 10:55 AM   #56
yote1234

HI Tom, finally got around to open up the box and inspect the gauge panel.
I couldn't be happier! it was as I expected... perfect in every way! and the packing... you really did a great job all the way !!!!
I thank you very much sir!
Merry Christmas!
thank you
David Good
1968 Camaro 327
1968 Honda mini-trail z50a #377
1966 uh 1-D Huey
yote1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #57
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yote1234 View Post
HI Tom, finally got around to open up the box and inspect the gauge panel.
I couldn't be happier! it was as I expected... perfect in every way! and the packing... you really did a great job all the way !!!!
I thank you very much sir!
Merry Christmas!
thank you
David Good
Hello Dave,

Thank you very much. I am glad you are happy with everything. I appreciate the kind words. It means a lot coming from you. I hope you and the family are well and have a Merry Christmas also.

Take care,
Tom

Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #58
LosBarberos

How long does it take you to restore and ship back the cluster?
LosBarberos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:38 AM   #59
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBarberos View Post
How long does it take you to restore and ship back the cluster?

It depends on my work load and also what type of restoration it is. Stock cluster restorations go a little quicker than ones that require fabrication.

Currently and normally, I have about a 4 - 6 week back log.

Thank you for the interest,
Tom

Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #60
64shortc10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red65C10 View Post
Thanks Tom,
I have a extra cluster plus the original one that's in the truck now to work with.
I'm changing the clock in the cluster below, just never really liked it for some reason. One thing though is after the change I won't have all orange needles. I just love the styling in the belair/corvette clock. I'm guessing you removed the silver round Bessel from the clock since I can't see it there ?

Attachment 1211500
I am interested in a price for you to restore my cluster to look like this with the clock and tachometer! You do amazing work! Thanks
Tony from Norcal
64shortc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:42 PM   #61
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortc10 View Post
I am interested in a price for you to restore my cluster to look like this with the clock and tachometer! You do amazing work! Thanks
Tony from Norcal
Hi Tony from Norcal, the cluster in you link is not mine. That is a board members that posted a photo. I do build 64-66 clusters with a tach and clock. The clock I use is different than the one in your link and comes from a 55/56 Chevy passenger car. There should be a photo of one in this thread somewhere.

If you are interested, I can PM you a price to build one. I am actually building one right now for another customer.

Thank you for the interest and kind words.

Take care,
Tom

Old 01-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #62
dodgiesdad

Tom built me a gauge cluster with some custom touches needing some special fabrication including a clock and tach, it is absolutely beautiful! I installed it for my test fire last fall everything worked great. Me being me I didn't believe what all the gauges read so I put my test gauge set on as well, all the gauges agreed. Accurate, beautiful, thank you so much Tom it exceeded my expectations, I cant wait to finish the paint and put it in for real.

Doug
dodgiesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #63
64shortc10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Hi Tony from Norcal, the cluster in you link is not mine. That is a board members that posted a photo. I do build 64-66 clusters with a tach and clock. The clock I use is different than the one in your link and comes from a 55/56 Chevy passenger car. There should be a photo of one in this thread somewhere.

If you are interested, I can PM you a price to build one. I am actually building one right now for another customer.

Thank you for the interest and kind words.

Take care,
Tom
Yes Tom thanks for the reply! Please pm with a price on that setup. The picture I supplied was just the look I wanted with the polished bezel with a tach and clock please. Thanks again for your time.
Tony from Norcal
Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #64
64shortc10

My truck has a 283 V8 for the tach. Thanks
Tony from Norcal
Old 01-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #65
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64shortc10 View Post
My truck has a 283 V8 for the tach. Thanks
Tony from Norcal
Hi Tony,

PM is on the way.

Take care,
Tom

Old 07-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #66
Acsb1

Hello Sir, your restorations look great, I have 2 66 custom gauge clusters that I would like done if you are still doing them, I will pm you to get more info
Thank you Allen
Acsb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #67
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsb1 View Post
Hello Sir, your restorations look great, I have 2 66 custom gauge clusters that I would like done if you are still doing them, I will pm you to get more info
Thank you Allen
Hi Allen,

I got your voice mail and returned your call yesterday. Not sure if you got it. I am looking forward to helping you out with your clusters.

You can try me anytime but most likely better to call after 5:30 pm if you can.

Thank you and take care,
Tom

Old 10-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #68
Isaiah92260

How do you get the lense to look like glass?? I just got a great deal on a Cluster for my 63' everything is perfect and looks amazing once I polished the inside and the Gauges, but I can't figure out how to get the hairline scratches out of the plastic lenses and polish it out, it's not glass so I'm not sure how to make it look new, I don't want to damage it.
Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:06 AM   #69
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah92260 View Post
How do you get the lense to look like glass?? I just got a great deal on a Cluster for my 63' everything is perfect and looks amazing once I polished the inside and the Gauges, but I can't figure out how to get the hairline scratches out of the plastic lenses and polish it out, it's not glass so I'm not sure how to make it look new, I don't want to damage it.
It is possible that the scratches you are referring to penetrate all they way through the lens. This is a common problem on a 50+ year old piece of plastic. It is not actually a scratch at all but a result of old brittle plastic.

Here is what I would suggest. Use 800 grit wet sand paper with water and a sanding block and go over the entire surface of the lens. Be mindful of where the scratches are. If you notice the scratches seem to be getting smaller, continue with 800 grit until the scratch(s) is completely removed. Then progress up to 1500 and then 2000 grit removing the sanding scratches from the previous grit.

Then use a good quality rubbing compound followed by Mothers mag wheel polish to bring out the luster.

If your scratches penetrate all the way through the plastic the only solution is to replace the lens. They are very difficult to find for a 60-63 pick up in restorable condition.

Hope this helps. I can provide the restoration of the lens for you for $50.00 plus shipping both ways if you have a lens that is worthy of it.

Thank you,
Thomas

Old 10-20-2015, 09:02 AM   #70
Isaiah92260

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
It is possible that the scratches you are referring to penetrate all they way through the lens. This is a common problem on a 50+ year old piece of plastic. It is not actually a scratch at all but a result of old brittle plastic.

Here is what I would suggest. Use 800 grit wet sand paper with water and a sanding block and go over the entire surface of the lens. Be mindful of where the scratches are. If you notice the scratches seem to be getting smaller, continue with 800 grit until the scratch(s) is completely removed. Then progress up to 1500 and then 2000 grit removing the sanding scratches from the previous grit.

Then use a good quality rubbing compound followed by Mothers mag wheel polish to bring out the luster.

If your scratches penetrate all the way through the plastic the only solution is to replace the lens. They are very difficult to find for a 60-63 pick up in restorable condition.

Hope this helps. I can provide the restoration of the lens for you for $50.00 plus shipping both ways if you have a lens that is worthy of it.

Thank you,
Thomas
Thank you very much, I'll consider sending it off to you more, I have a very good lense in my opinion, does that price also include new decals on the lense as well?
Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #71
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah92260 View Post
Thank you very much, I'll consider sending it off to you more, I have a very good lense in my opinion, does that price also include new decals on the lense as well?
Your 63 cluster lens does not have decals. What it does have is paint which would be an additional $25.00 for restoring it. Part of my process includes stripping the old paint off and re applying new paint. $75.00 plus the shipping for me to do the paint work and buffing. All you will need to do is install in your cluster.

Let me know,

Tom

Old 04-27-2016, 03:37 AM   #72
Thiessen1960

Just curious if you still do these restorations? I am looking at buying a 1963 gauge cluster with all the gauges but would like to add a tachometer in to it? Could you please send me a PM on how much or if you have any pictures of these done?
Thiessen1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:18 AM   #73
Thiessen1960

Also how much to restore a basic gauge cluster of the same year?
Thiessen1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #74
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiessen1960 View Post
Just curious if you still do these restorations? I am looking at buying a 1963 gauge cluster with all the gauges but would like to add a tachometer in to it? Could you please send me a PM on how much or if you have any pictures of these done?
PM sent,

Thank you,
Tom
Old 04-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #75
63frankintruck

Tom,
I tried to PM you, but not working I guess.
see message below:
Do you have a price to rework 63 instrument panel adding a high rev tach and vac gauge?
I have a couple extra clusters if interested in some sort of trade for reworking my cluster.
Just let me know
Dan
63frankintruck is offline   Reply With Quote