The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Interior > Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Chiefdan

Speakers in center console question

I have a '67 Shortbox stepside with the bench seat. I have a Sony AM/FM/CD radio ( dash has been cut by po). I have two 4" speakers under the dash one on each side. The rear speakers are about 8" oval and are both behind the seat in the passenger side corner. I am not a true audiophile but I think the sound is terrible. I am thinking of getting one of the floor consoles with the cup holders advertised on this site and installing 6" speakers one on each side. Do you think this will improve my sound? Also looking into replacing the radio with something with bluetooth and any recommendations along that line would be appreciated also. Thanks guys.
Chiefdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:25 AM   #2
ChevyRacefan

Re: Speakers in center console question

Another option.
https://www.classiccarstereos.com/19...ck-panels.html

The rears in your truck ,I am going to guess are either 6x9s or 4x10 That someone dumped in the cab corners.
If you are into the junkyard crawl, many early 2000's g.m. full sized suvs have fairly nice 4x10's in the rear.

A set of 6.5" seperates that you can put the woofer where the speakers in the back corners of your truck now are, and the tweeters, up higher near the top edge of the seat. will sound 100x better. and you don't need costly ones.
The kick panel location gives you good staging instead of the under dash set up, that I will assume the front of the speaker is facing the floor .

Last edited by ChevyRacefan; 01-04-2021 at 01:25 AM.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #3
ChevyRacefan

If the radio in the truck has an aux in, you can add a bluetooth dongle instead of replacing the unt. just another option.
I have always has good luck with Kenwood if you replace the radio.
most brands are good pioneer/jvc/kenwood/alpine. just don't get the 99.00 special and expect the world from it.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #4
Chiefdan

Thanks Chevyracefan, BOTH of my rear speakers are behind the seat in the passenger corner. I figure any setup would be better than what I have. You have given me some good ideas but I can't get to that project now till spring. Thanks again for the advise Chiefdan
Chiefdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:01 AM   #5
3757chevy

classiccarstereos.com has a nice dash speaker that will improve sound quality as well.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...gQIERBB&adurl=
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote