The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #26
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: New member registration / administration

Liz, it seems that I have offended you - I did not mean to do this at all. I also didn't mean to imply that I know more than you guys. If anything I was trying to offer my appreciation and understanding for a rough job.

That isn't to say I haven't *some* understanding of VB, as I upkeep a web hosting site with VB (back when this actually VB you use was new!) for nearly 15 years (under 5k users, so a small place). It is more or less a thankless job but I assure you I give all of you (Admins and Mods) my many thanks. Which is why I am a Premium Member, to support the site and staff.

I offer up my sincere apologies and I hope you accept them and have no lasting ill will towards me. I do hope you feel better from your illness too and I hope it isn't anything serious.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:49 PM   #27
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Not even a little. Thats the problem with text speak. After almost 20 years of being here, it takes a whole lot to offend.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:53 PM   #28
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Well you had me fooled but I am extremely happy to read your reply that I didn't! It is detrimental to ones membership to be pissing off Administrators!! Ha!

Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Old 01-26-2022, 06:59 PM   #29
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

We try not to to remove folks for their opinion … right,wrong or indifferent. We would have a much smaller member base if that were true. I’m going back to the world of beds and meds if we are done beating this dead horse.
Old 01-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #30
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Smile Re: new members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz View Post
Have them email me at my old truck at Gmail dot com
Username
Password
Email.
Dob
Location.
I did try this on Friday (I think it was on Friday) hopefully I decoded your email address Liz - I didn't get a kick back.

Thanks Richard

Old 01-30-2022, 07:03 PM   #31
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: new members

Our entire household had covid. I will get through these as soon as i am able this week.
Old 02-19-2022, 03:09 PM   #32
rustyrodknocker

I just got back on the site today after a year almost to the day. I tried to do password resets and never got the emails.
Additionally I cant see that stupid over the top secret code crap on this device. I guessed so many times that my blood was boiling.

Finally got to a different device that I could increase the size enough to get it right.

What is the point? To be so secure that its no longer accessible?

You can't even contact administration with out solving that ridiculous puzzle. I was a contributing member but I'm not paying to be locked out .

Just like everybody else I have online accounts with several banks, utilities, insurance you name it. I am completely paperless.

Hardest account to long onto by a country mile? The old truck forum.
rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 03:32 PM   #33
Josh
He's got mean nasty FANGS!

Its a temporary stopgap to prevent the forums from being overrun by soammers. I am sorry we arent a multi million dollar company with scores of people to save problems and keep the riff raff out. If i were to disable the phrases or similar you wouldn't have a forum to complain about. The members have been manually approved forever, with the recent bits and AI spammers it has become overwheliming to approve them in irder to keep this site 100% spam free. I am working on a few different solutions, but eveything takes lots of time to do with databases this large. This place costs more than my mortgage a month to operate, not complaining, however, i do work a full time job in order to support my family. When i have vacation time between being sick and family time i will upgrade everything. Your moral support is truly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyrodknocker View Post
I just got back on the site today after a year almost to the day. I tried to do password resets and never got the emails.
Additionally I cant see that stupid over the top secret code crap on this device. I guessed so many times that my blood was boiling.

Finally got to a different device that I could increase the size enough to get it right.

What is the point? To be so secure that its no longer accessible?

You can't even contact administration with out solving that ridiculous puzzle. I was a contributing member but I'm not paying to be locked out .

Just like everybody else I have online accounts with several banks, utilities, insurance you name it. I am completely paperless.

1969 C-10
1967 C-10 Panel
josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 07:46 PM   #34
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:

Quote:
The following message was sent to you via the The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network Contact Us form by Wayne ( mailto:********@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

Cant ****in read that stupid ****in code
The above is the email you sent yesterday. The cuss words are auto censored on the site, but not in email.
I did reply the following
Quote:
If you could be clear as to what "stupid ****ing code" you are referring to, I would be more than happy to assist. What is it you are trying to do? What error are you receiving? I do hope your day gets better. Let me know if I can help you resolve your confusion.

Liz
Here is an email from you in june of 21.
Quote:

Yea thats me with the password you gave me.

On Friday, June 21, 2019, 2:11:18 AM UTC, The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network <accounts@67-72chevytrucks.com> wrote:

Dear rustyrodknocker,
and here is one I found from 9/21

Quote:
The following message was sent to you via the The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network Contact Us form by Rustyrodknocker ( mailto:wr_sherman@yahoo.com ).

--------------------------------

I have forgotten my password again. However, when I do a password request I am not getting an email from the site.

I have a few things to say.
  • I am glad you figured out how to get back on the site. I fully understand how frusterating things can be.
  • I was raised to respect others. I was also raised on Long Island, NY. My first instinct when someone cusses at me is to answer in kind. Again, I am glad you are able to log in today.
  • I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I am pretty confident that the email you sent in june of 21 did not warrent a reply. It had no question etc? The email you sent in September of 21 did, however that was in the middle of a spam issue in accounts and emails. I have gone through 19k emails this week to ensure people who had questions were answered. I am still going through them. As I found them I put them into folders, so that I can go back and ensure the issues are resolved.
  • In addition to the last point... 9/21 to 2/22 is 5 months if I remember correctly. I feel badly that folks have waited this long, some longer. However most I have emailed have been gracious.
  • I do feel badly that you were so frusterated. Incase you have any issues in the future, you can always contact the site through our facebook page, our facebook group, josh has the address (snail mail) posted in subscription information in the announcements globally on the site, Josh has his email listed in his signature as well. It is josh@67-72chevytrucks.com
  • while going through mail, we have big guys offering to purchase the site. This is not a new thing at all. Josh decided years ago to keep it small, private and the type of community we cherish. Posts and emails like yours honestly make me wish he would just sell at times. Its very disheartening to be brow bashed over a resource we the staff work hard on so that it is available to you for free. Obviously you enjoy it or you would not had bothered trying to get back. I wish you the best, if you need help feel free to reach out. Just try being a bit more respectful, I have yet to cuss you out and expect the same in return. Thanks!