The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain > LSx Related

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #1
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

Another Header Thread

On my boys 1968 we bought an engine that already had LS motor mount adapters on the block. The adapter plates had two positions that could be used, a forward or rear set up. Even with the motor mounts in the forward position our oil pan (Engines original owner said it was a GMperformance pan) just barely didn’t clearance the crossmember. We were able to move The motor mount perchs to the six cylinder location and make things work clearance wise.

Wondering if anyone else has ran things in this configuration or had any advice on what exhaust headers to use that would clear?
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2022, 12:56 PM   #2
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

Re: Another Header Thread

My Boy won the VFW Patriots Pen competition for our community and they handed him a $200 check. So we ordered the speed engineering long tube headers. I was so proud that he won and what he wanted to do with his money that I told him I would cover the difference. I sure hope they fit because even after chopping off the flange and cutting away some of the heatshield the truck manifolds did not.

https://speed-engineering.com/collec...ls2-ls3-ls6-m2
Attached Images