The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2022, 06:56 PM   #2751
72c20customcamper

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Very cool. (no pun intended) I could use one of those up here in the desert.
Works great you can use a bucket and the internal pump or hook it directly to a garden hose . I have the 4ah batteries and one will last 4 hours with the fan and pump running . Never timed the fan only but I'm sure it's at least double .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:41 PM   #2752
yuccales

Went to our local Armed Forces Day event. Nice turn out. Had the truck out with some flags. My wife wanted to buy a Marine Corps backpack. The Marine said you could win a backpack if you did 9 pull-ups. She laughed and said that ain't happening. He took off his hat and did the pull-ups for her. I thought that was darn nice. Future Marine here, this little guy banged off 5 pull-ups and had us all clapping. Was very nice to see tons of smiles, and a lot of respect shown our troops.
Attached Images

yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 02:39 PM   #2753
72c20customcamper

New calipers ,rotors and pads on all four corners of my Dodge . After working on this I can’t tell you how much of a pleasure it is working on the old rust free trucks . Every nut and bolt on the 68 last week came off without so much as a shot of PB Blaster . I had to use heat on this this and I still broke a couple of bolts . Glad they sell the units brackets and all .
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #2754
special-K
Special Order

I made a batch of carpenter bee traps
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:59 PM   #2755
BLAZERMAN
Currently Blazerless

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post

That's a bunch of traps! Do you sell them or do you have a bee problem? My old neighbor down the road had carpenter bees in his porch rafters, they made the nicest holes all the way thru. I told him I needed a full set of them from 1/4" to 1/2"....he didn't think that was too funny. They did a lot of damage in a short amount of time.

Last edited by BLAZERMAN; 05-23-2022 at 04:08 PM.
BLAZERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #2756
mick53

I needed to space the rubber bumpers away from the door/ramp on my car trailer. I bought aluminum ones to replace the plywood that came with it. They have a deeper side profile. I found a drop of 6061 3"X8" on ebay for $43. I had some stainless 3/8" acorn nuts from a light I made over the lathe and some 3/8"all-thread laying around so I put some green (forever) Loctite on them and made some bolts. I cut the 6061 into thirds and cleaned them up. Drilled and tapped the door and success. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:20 PM   #2757
72c20customcamper

Customer (my stepson) states strong smell of gas in car . Think I Found the problem

New tank and hardware coming Saturday
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:32 PM   #2758
Getter-Done

Quote:
I have those all around my place. That I made.

Your's look Cooler
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:54 AM   #2759
special-K
Special Order

These I kept simple. I thought about painting them up like people do bird houses. I think just simple is good enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN View Post
That's a bunch of traps! Do you sell them or do you have a bee problem? My old neighbor down the road had carpenter bees in his porch rafters, they made the nicest holes all the way thru. I told him I needed a full set of them from 1/4" to 1/2"....he didn't think that was too funny. They did a lot of damage in a short amount of time.
That's a dozen I made for a friend. I guess if you have the bees you have a problem and I have them. I made 6 up a few years ago, out of a 12-pack of jars. Last year I couldn't find the other 6 to finish up. But the 6 got me 36 bees last year. So far 26 this year. I had a lot of 4x4 cut-offs so I bought four dozen jars to make up, either sell or give friends. Last year I made up a bunch of the wood part but never drilled the holes. Yesterday I painted lids, so now I need to drill holes and put them together. I figure the lids will rust, so I used up left over paint. I just built a wheelchair ramp and have enough 4x4 chunks to make another 4 dozen.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-24-2022, 02:01 PM   #2760
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
I needed to space the rubber bumpers away from the door/ramp on my car trailer. I bought aluminum ones to replace the plywood that came with it. They have a deeper side profile. I found a drop of 6061 3"X8" on ebay for $43. I had some stainless 3/8" acorn nuts from a light I made over the lathe and some 3/8"all-thread laying around so I put some green (forever) Loctite on them and made some bolts. I cut the 6061 into thirds and cleaned them up. Drilled and tapped the door and success. Thank you for your time.
Super clean work. And very resourceful. Both on the light and on the trailer. You are a detail guy and I can relate to that. A funny note is, on the picture of the back of your trailer, it took me a minute. Looked like the front of your garage had melted and then I figured out it was the reflection. Very clean, reflective. Thought I would mention, that I was surprised to learn that stainless is somewhat reactive as a dissimilar metal with aluminum. The funny thing is that mild steel is closer in composition (less reactive), but obviously rusts. If you need to put some type of steel in contact with aluminum, it's good to use galvanized. Thought I would mention it since those pieces would be out in the weather. They may be sleeved though, not sure if they are in direct contact with the aluminum. I'm not trying to be critical, your craftsmanship is outstanding.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:15 PM   #2761
Low Elco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
That sounds like fun to me. Sorry I missed it.
We used to have a ball. Leon, the c10 shindig is going to have a Friday night party at Classic Parts and the meet the next day, if you're interested. Last year was good, weird weather and all.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:22 PM   #2762
Low Elco

Quote:
I was gonna say, trailer, shmailer, look at that light! That's awesome!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:12 AM   #2763
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
These I kept simple. I thought about painting them up like people do bird houses. I think just simple is good enough

That's a dozen I made for a friend. I guess if you have the bees you have a problem and I have them. I made 6 up a few years ago, out of a 12-pack of jars. Last year I couldn't find the other 6 to finish up. But the 6 got me 36 bees last year. So far 26 this year. I had a lot of 4x4 cut-offs so I bought four dozen jars to make up, either sell or give friends. Last year I made up a bunch of the wood part but never drilled the holes. Yesterday I painted lids, so now I need to drill holes and put them together. I figure the lids will rust, so I used up left over paint. I just built a wheelchair ramp and have enough 4x4 chunks to make another 4 dozen.
Very neat. I need to make some of these. I never saw these until this year. My in laws have a very nice wood swing set they got for the grand kids to play on. One of my sons heard a buzzing sound and it was coming from 2 1/2" holes in the legs. I exterminated them but none of us knew what they were. After some net searching they were for sure carpenter bees. They definitely are destructive and need to go.

On your trap, do you just drill one hole through the bottom for them to drop down into the jar?
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:21 AM   #2764
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN View Post
I told him I needed a full set of them from 1/4" to 1/2"....he didn't think that was too funny. They did a lot of damage in a short amount of time.
Made me laugh but I'm not the one with the damaged porch. So far we just have mud daubers here. Oddly enough, they have learned to nest in the passenger side door of my trucks. A little eerie that they figured that out.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:51 AM   #2765
mick53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
I was gonna say, trailer, shmailer, look at that light! That's awesome!
I made this out of scrap like most of my stuff. A customer bought me 24 duel 4' commercial LED lights for my shop and gave me this light too. If you look at the front you can see that I ran short of material and had to piece it together. I also made it so I can pull it down and shoot it sideways into the shop next to my lift.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:57 AM   #2766
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
On your trap, do you just drill one hole through the bottom for them to drop down into the jar?
Yes, one 3/4" hole straight up the middle. Then a 1/2" hole drilled at about a 45* angle to meet with the 3/4" hole. I took a piece of 1" pipe and ground a beveled cutting edge to punch out the holes in the lid, then two screws to hold the lid to the 4x4. I use an eye-hook on the trap and hang from cup hooks.

These came up on YouYube and the guy drilled the 1/2" holes in all four sides. I considered that but I'm staying with just one. Mine are working that way and I'm not sure the other holes wouldn't serve as an escape hole. Mine are one way in, no way out.

It's funny, when I'd see a bee trapped I'd want to get it right out of there. Didn't want the others to see it was a trap. I was too hasty at first and a couple times the trapped bee escaped before I could stomp it. Then I started squirting water in there before opening. It seemed to occupy the bee enough to allow me to do the stomp. But... I have since noticed that having a bee in the trap seems to attract others. Leaving them in there has produced some bigger catches, up to twelve when I fist put them up this year. This was the earliest I put them up and that really seems to make a difference. Put them up before you start seeing them, at the first sign of Spring arriving.

They say put them up every 10', but I only had 6. I put two up on the one side of my 14' screen house and two up on my 24' front porch. My 10' woodshed has one in the middle on the open side. My 12' garage has one off to one side. I now have 6 more to put up. I hear them in my outhouse (mower shed) and my barn. Those are the only buildings with none, so they'll use some. I'll put one inside the garage as well, no roll-up door and they go after the framing. That's what they are doing in the mower shed, not outside. Same with inside the wood shed. So three will go inside those buildings. The other three I'll put on the barn, two outside and one in the shed side that is open.

Tim

Old 05-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #2767
72c20customcamper

Replaced the water pump on my Cummins . It’s actually a relatively easy job . Took about half an hour total of Four bolts to remove pump itself only has two started to make noise after I dumped the first load of wood . Was going to get another load but by the time I got the parts and repaired it was to late
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 05-25-2022 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:14 PM   #2768
special-K
Special Order

Looks like a simple inline-6 water pump. That Cummins is great for being simple

Tim

Old 05-26-2022, 04:12 AM   #2769
LT7A

Glad you didn't get stumped by the failing water pump.
Old 05-26-2022, 06:09 AM   #2770
special-K
Special Order

He seems pretty well rooted in firewood production. He did all that work and still had time to log on.

Quote:
I made this out of scrap like most of my stuff. A customer bought me 24 duel 4' commercial LED lights for my shop and gave me this light too. If you look at the front you can see that I ran short of material and had to piece it together. I also made it so I can pull it down and shoot it sideways into the shop next to my lift.
You put a little thought into making that. Great to see! That light should win some sort of design contest. Innovative and well executed.

Tim

Old 05-26-2022, 06:18 AM   #2771
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Beautiful and well thought out light set up! My wood working skills sure aren't up to your level yet.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:21 AM   #2772
72 tigger

Quote- I made this out of scrap like most of my stuff. A customer bought me 24 duel 4' commercial LED lights for my shop and gave me this light too. If you look at the front you can see that I ran short of material and had to piece it together. I also made it so I can pull it down and shoot it sideways into the shop next to my lift.

Great craftsmanship! Trailer project is nice also
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:51 PM   #2773
LT7A

Quote:
He seems pretty well rooted in firewood production. He did all that work and still had time to log on.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:37 PM   #2774
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Good one Tim . I took a few measurements of the wood. Stacked there is 17 cord +/- a little . And 7 or 8 in piles still have a lot more to get . With fuel oil $6 bucks a gallon now I’m sure it’ll be more by winter.
1969 AMX ,
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
Old 05-26-2022, 08:53 PM   #2775
special-K
Special Order

Wow, $6 a gallon to keep from freezing your pipes... if no woodstove. OUCH!

Tim