The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #1
CousinTone

Moving to Dallas.....could use some advice and be nice to meet some tuck folks...

Hey all, Iím moving from SoCal to Dallas for work and would like to get plugged into the truck clubs/meetups. I wonít have my project with me for a bit, but it will be great to meet some new friends and get advice on the area etc. let me know...PM me if you are open to providing some info.

Without my project, Iíll be an extra set of very experienced hands for your project and enjoy helping others more than doing my own stuff. So free work!

My estimated move is first week of March. Talk to you soon.....

Trying to convert to a C10 to make the ride easier and wife quieter...although the latter may NEVER happen. Just starting and gathering lots of parts to get this beauty moving.

CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
weq92f

Re: Moving to Dallas.....could use some advice and be nice to meet some tuck folks...

You'll arrive just in time for the GoodGuys Spring Lone Star Nationals March 12-14 at Texas Motor Speedway.

https://www.good-guys.com/slsn

The DFW car show/meetup scene was pretty much shutdown in 2020. I didn't go to a single event as all the ones I would have attended were cancelled.

Here's a very short list of some of the bigger events ( C10sinthepark is a stretch on the BIG end but it's a great venue/show ):

GoodGuys --March/Sept
C10sinthePark --Sept
C10 Nationals --May
Dallas Autorama -- Feb
Lone Star Throwdown -- Feb ( Houston )

I've lived in DFW now for 25 years. If I can answer any questions for you...ask away.

-klb
99 540 sport V8 6sp -- sold
73 240z L24 4sp -- given to friend
68 C10 step 350/350 3.73 open -- sold
weq92f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
wesmigletz

Re: Moving to Dallas.....could use some advice and be nice to meet some tuck folks...

I moved from CA to TX. The car scene in TX isn’t nearly what they have in CA. Nothing can compare to the Pomona and LB swap meets. There are only a few swap meets a year, and you don’t want to miss them.

What area are you moving to? I’m just North of Dallas, next to Plano.
1957 Corvette
Pics
www.picturetrail.com/wesmigletz
wesmigletz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
Barnfind46

I just moved away to live in the mountains. Lived there my whole life. The Good Guys show is great! There is Southwest Classic in Arlington if you need parts and don't want to wait and Arlington also has a Summit warehouse with a retail store. Hope you like it! I was ready to retire and wanted mountains and forest.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #5
SCOTI

Local cruise stuff is basically non existent w/the exception of internet group/club meets but those are mostly newer vehicles.

As mentioned....

Lonestar Throwdown in Feb (Conroe area)
Dallas Autorama (not great but a weekend indoor show none the less)
Good Guys Ft.Worth Spring/Fall events @ Tx Motor Speedway
C10's in the Park (fall)
The Invasion Car Show (down-town Dallas/Deep Ellum arts district in the fall)
Occasional (quarterly?) pop-up C10 gatherings in the Fair Park area @ Squarebody Saloon near downtown Dallas.
Kellers in Dallas on Sat nights Mar-Oct (small scale now since the OG owner passed a few years ago).
Houston Autorama in Nov/Thanksgiving weekend (much better vs. the Dallas version).

TexasShowPromoters (Jason) on IG did local group cruises w/'events' @ one time. It was a 'pay to play' style deal (100 vehicle limit) w/all related cruise info e-mailed the night before the cruise to those that registered/paid. Not sure what to expect for 2021 but his account re-posts events from all across TX.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:14 PM   #6
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Pate or Decatur Swap meets. I know they are not right away but they are worth an honorable mention....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #7
jocko

My favorite truck show in the entire U.S. is C10s in the Park (in the fall as SCOTI mentioned above). It's like going to a massive Brother's Truck Show in SoCal - but without all those pesky Fords and Dodges lying around taking up space
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:00 PM   #8
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
I can't believe no one has mentioned the Pate or Decatur Swap meets. I know they are not right away but they are worth an honorable mention....

LockDoc
Decatur is in just a couple of weeks. It's on. Everyone received their space tickets in the mail last week.

You can find me working on something or the other on Instagram, link below...
My Instagram
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
Decatur is in just a couple of weeks. It's on. Everyone received their space tickets in the mail last week.

Good deal Kevin. Sure wish I could come down and visit with you guys again and check out the parts....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 10:32 PM   #10
Ironhorse

Tx Firefighter, any recent news concerning the Pate Swap Meet at the Texas Motor Speedway? My BIL and I have been attending every year for last 10 - 12 years until last year. Great swap meet for the mid-west region. That's where I found my original AM/FM truck radio. Corona put a stop to it and many others last year and not liking the way things are going this year with Corona. Out local swap meet in March has already been cancelled.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 01:55 AM   #11
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-

LockDoc
I didn't mention the swap meets because I havent heard anything regarding when they'll be allowed to start setting up again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #12
72LB

On Facebook? A quick search and I found these:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dallasareasquares/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/698774126859941/
Old 02-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #13
HO455

Are we talking about the Dallas that is in Texas?
The WMB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #14
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Tx Firefighter, any recent news concerning the Pate Swap Meet at the Texas Motor Speedway? My BIL and I have been attending every year for last 10 - 12 years until last year. Great swap meet for the mid-west region. That's where I found my original AM/FM truck radio. Corona put a stop to it and many others last year and not liking the way things are going this year with Corona. Out local swap meet in March has already been cancelled.
I haven't heard about Pate yet. My buddy is deep into selling at all the swaps. When word comes down I'll let everyone know. But space tickets are already in hand for Decatur. It's definitely happening and soon.

You can find me working on something or the other on Instagram, link below...
My Instagram
Tx Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #15
Bones72Super

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Are we talking about the Dallas that is in Texas?
Yep
Old 02-13-2021, 05:43 PM   #16
Ironhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
I haven't heard about Pate yet. My buddy is deep into selling at all the swaps. When word comes down I'll let everyone know. But space tickets are already in hand for Decatur. It's definitely happening and soon.
Thanks Kevin. Like a lot of folks, I'm having serious car show and swap meet deprivation loss. Nearing the end of the restoration on my 57 Chevy 2 door and seeing a no car shows probability for this summer.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 02-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #17
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

Pate is supposed to be a go for this year. My dad works out at the speedway and said its on the schedule as a go.
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
jsbgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #18
Ironhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbgump View Post
Pate is supposed to be a go for this year. My dad works out at the speedway and said its on the schedule as a go.
Do you know what days it will be? Seems to be conflicting dates when I search the inter-net for it. Sure hope it does happen this year. It is always a great swap meet. Takes some time to work thru it when you stop and "look'' at the booths and the treasures.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Old 02-14-2021, 12:21 PM   #19
MikeB

Looks like Pickups 'n' Panels is still around, but I don't see any meetings or cruises listed on their 2021 calendar. Could be due to Covid.

https://www.pickupsnpanels.org/
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 20 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #20
TxGary

Decatur swapmeet will be next weekend Feb 26th, 27th, 28th. just saw this in my local shopper.
Attached Images

2020 Chevy 2500 Crew 4x4 LTZ Diesel
1998 VW Beetle GLS TDI
2015 Diamond C 22' HD car hauler
Bowie, Texas 76230
TxGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #21
Bones72Super

I may just drive up there early Saturday morning
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #22
MikeB

Wouldn't you know it? Approximately 50% chance of rain Sat and Sun. Seems to happen a lot at the Decatur swap meet.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 20 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #23
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

As far as we know, Pate is still on cause I got an email trying to rent me a personal port a potty....