The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #1
saxart

ANOTHER Brother's Trucks Screw up?

I ordered a tach kit from Brother's Trucks awhile back. When it showed up, the gauge lens was just tossed in the box and allowed to rattled around during shipping, so of course it was all scratched up. When they sent out a replacement lens, I realized the first scratched up one wasn't even for a tach cluster anyway. Jeeze, nice job Brothers.....

Fast forward to today. I'm finally installing this set up in my truck and figured I'd test out the new LED bulbs (Thanks for the tip Andy!) before finalizing the install. Imagine my surprise when I saw this.

The lights themselves look amazing, but what the heck is with the empty gauge pod next to the Oil Pressure gauge????

It turns out the Brother's part has a hole stamped there for a gauge, which is incorrect. Here is the original non-tach gauge housing. See the blank spot next to where the oil pressure gauge would be?

Here is a close up of the installed gauge panel with the lights off. Gaping hole! Grrrr.....

So, is there an easy fix for this, or does this mean I get to endure another hour long call with Brother's to get them to send out the correct part? Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.