The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2021, 07:33 AM   #26
Grumpy old man

Re: Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I'm curious now.... Someone PM the post/thread that triggered this "why" thread.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820322

I don't think anyone set out to Malign Andy in any way . I think he's just upset the correct part was suggested over his home made repair . A big to-do over nothing

https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #27
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

I think it might have been me for calling Andy out that his cutoff valve was similar to mine, I didn't mean anything by that - just that I had a similar cutoff value. If the cutoff value had been on the inlet, rather than the outlet hose I'd have left it alone. But since I decided to get the cutoff on the correct side, I decided to get a value from O'Riley's like Grumpy has on the previous post.

Actually, I think he is using my photo of the cutoff/line I took out of my truck ;-)

I feel so bad that I hurt Andy's feelings, I really didn't mean to question someone choices. :'(

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:04 AM   #28
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Just so everyone knows, I have also sent a PM to apologize to Andy for calling him out in my post. I never wanted to offend anyone here on sloppy postings. Andy has only ever been helpful to me ... heck everyone on these forums.

Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Old 04-06-2021, 09:55 AM   #29
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Just so everyone knows, I have also sent a PM to apologize to Andy for calling him out in my post. I never wanted to offend anyone here on sloppy postings. Andy has only ever been helpful to me ... heck everyone on these forums.
Thanks for sharing. I sure don't see where you or ANYONE else called Andy out on anything and/or criticized his contributed solution.

An alternative option that was actually manufactured & intended for this exact purpose was supplied. There's no harm in that as it was directly related to the thread topic & intended for the application. There's usually more than one way to do things. Seems Andy even addressed it in a later response.

I'll add some info to that thread as well now that I'm aware of it.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #30
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Regardless, Andy posted in that tread that he was more or less offended and then took the time to post a dedicated thread here. I am only connecting some dots - which may or may not actually connect.

Personally, I wanted to be 100% sure of my intentions on my post(s). The very last thing I want to do is offend anyone on forums posts. It is really easy to do, even if that is not your intentions. No one can see / hear body language in these online communities. I go waaaaayyyyy back being a vBulletin Forum Host/Admin myself for a Unreal Mod Gaming community from late 90s all the way up to a few years back. Damn site got hacked and I give up and closed it down (because I was pissed since I didn't keep up with zero-day issues).

So I know how things go, from a user to a admin/moderator. Stuff can go south REAL fast and sometimes on just a simple misunderstanding or a poor use of a word.

Old 04-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #31
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
Regardless, Andy posted in that tread that he was more or less offended and then took the time to post a dedicated thread here. I am only connecting some dots - which may or may not actually connect.

Personally, I wanted to be 100% sure of my intentions on my post(s). The very last thing I want to do is offend anyone on forums posts. It is really easy to do, even if that is not your intentions. No one can see / hear body language in these online communities. I go waaaaayyyyy back being a vBulletin Forum Host/Admin myself for a Unreal Mod Gaming community from late 90s all the way up to a few years back. Damn site got hacked and I give up and closed it down (because I was pissed since I didn't keep up with zero-day issues).

So I know how things go, from a user to a admin/moderator. Stuff can go south REAL fast and sometimes on just a simple misunderstanding or a poor use of a word.
Gothcha. Kudos to you then for going out of your way to ensure your intentions were not misinterpreted.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 04-06-2021, 10:37 AM   #32
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820322

I don't think anyone set out to Malign Andy in any way . I think he's just upset the correct part was suggested over his home made repair . A big to-do over nothing

https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Ok, so maybe you don't mean it the way you type it but a lot of people knew who I was referring to sir without mentioning any names are the thread even.

You sir have made remarks in the past about things that you say are the wrong way to do things. That you are the only one who knows how to do things correctly and what parts every one should buy.
You have posted many times that people buy cheap parts are the wrong parts. Maybe, but it may be they can't afford the high end part at the time.
Maybe they just need info. Maybe they just using what they have who knows.
You commented on my choice of the heater valve for my ramp truck. That heater valve fits the low budget build perfectly along with the rat rod part of the build. It's what I wanted.
I have my 71 C-10 that has all the high end stuff on it including that valve you posted. I didn't need that for this truck.
But yet again you make a SA remark about why I didn't do it right, to your liking again. You don't like my choice that's fine. I understand it I don't like everything that you do but I've never said anything about your vehicles.

Rant is over

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #33
jayoldschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I was just looking over the board and threads. Why is it there seems to be so many people that have to condemn other peoples trucks are things they do to them? I always came here for idea's and inspiration, not to laugh and condemn some ones stuff.
I just get the feeling some people are just not happy unless they can find something wrong with another's stuff. Anybody else feel this way?
That is actually against the rules of this forum. Report posts that break the rules, don't respond to them.
jayoldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #34
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I think there is a lot of superiority complexes on the internet. I didn't read the thread you posted about. I got the gist from the posts. I also think things typed via a keyboard might come across different in real life. I read things sometimes and go WHOA! And come to find out the OP and poster are friends IRL and have that kind of "fun" relationship.

Lotta things aren't worth posting ... How bout those Seahawks? You get a chorus of I haven't watched any sports since Lombardi died.

Got a new cell phone ... Bah, I still beat out messages on a stump.

How bout that new show on Motor Trend ... TV? I haven't watched TV since Fred and Wilma slept in the same bed. That was enough for me!

Whatever haha, I still like coming to this board =)

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #35
67 twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Ok, so maybe you don't mean it the way you type it but a lot of people knew who I was referring to sir without mentioning any names are the thread even.
I don't mean to make light of any of this. I'm probably even guilty of thus type of behavior to a certain extent. I however always thought his choice of user name meant you were warned ahead of time.
That all being said, I personally look for posts by both of you men because I know that I am going to get some solid information.
72 C1500 Sierra Grande 350 TH350 longbed fleetside=wife's fair weather truck
Can you tell we are fans of longbed fleetsides & 67s
Chris
67 twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:32 PM   #36
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 twins View Post
I don't mean to make light of any of this. I'm probably even guilty of thus type of behavior to a certain extent. I however always thought his choice of user name meant you were warned ahead of time.
That all being said, I personally look for posts by both of you men because I know that I am going to get some solid information.
Well said (Typed)

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 11:38 PM   #37
SCOTI

Agreed (both of you).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 04-13-2021, 10:56 AM   #38
Gregski
Post Whore

I've been on here for 5 or 6 years and I felt the culture has changed, it used to be hey buddy you need some help, to more of a I know best attitude, I know there are still some good folks on here, but with the popularity of the trucks the more members we get the chances of getting dingleberries increase as well
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #39
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterman99 View Post
This is one of the reasons I quit taking my truck to shows. You are sitting close by and some know it all points out everything he doesn't like about your hard work and money spent and how he would have done it differently.
I couldn't agree more, and what drives me nuts is they don't do a darn thing, never have never will, but run their mouth about other people's stuff, I don't buy or build for anyone but me, not my wife, not my kids, not my friends, I know I am not perfect and my work quality barely gets me by but I do this as a hobby to take my mind off of the world for a few hours each chance I get
Old 04-13-2021, 12:14 PM   #40
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by starterman99 View Post
This is one of the reasons I quit taking my truck to shows. You are sitting close by and some know it all points out everything he doesn't like about your hard work and money spent and how he would have done it differently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
I couldn't agree more, and what drives me nuts is they don't do a darn thing, never have never will, but run their mouth about other people's stuff, I don't buy or build for anyone but me, not my wife, not my kids, not my friends, I know I am not perfect and my work quality barely gets me by but I do this as a hobby to take my mind off of the world for a few hours each chance I get
Seems you both could lighten up a little on the assumptions as well.

There's are thousands of different ways to build a 'nice' vehicle. If someone happens to mention 'ways it could be better' it's from their perspective which has as much value as yours (high & low). Maybe the people that say these things can actually build a better ride vs you. I suppose you guys could be pros compared to me but I know & will acknowledge there are better builders than what I've put together. You can take something from what they said & make an improvement or you can ignore it. Simple as that.

If I stopped going to shows or gatherings because of some guy walking by my dually & saying how it's ruined because of how low it is.... Well, I would have a dually missing a bunch of opportunities.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 04-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #41
A1971Blazer

My perspective
I'm too old to give a sh!t what someone else thinks.
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:28 PM   #42
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Seems you both could lighten up a little on the assumptions as well.
telling me to lighten up, lol have you read my threads?

Quote:
There's are thousands of different ways to build a 'nice' vehicle. If someone happens to mention 'ways it could be better' it's from their perspective which has as much value as yours (high & low). Maybe the people that say these things can actually build a better ride vs you. I suppose you guys could be pros compared to me but I know & will acknowledge there are better builders than what I've put together. You can take something from what they said & make an improvement or you can ignore it. Simple as that.

If I stopped going to shows or gatherings because of some guy walking by my dually & saying how it's ruined because of how low it is.... Well, I would have a dually missing a bunch of opportunities.
I think you missed my point, I meant that I know for a fact that they do not build stuff themselves so there are no assumptions, I'm in IT so I know all too well not to assume anything, it's second nature to me. So my comment is meant for those who do not wrench themselves but comment on how things should be done.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #43
Gregski
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
My perspective
I'm almost there myself.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #44
67C10Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
My perspective
I reached that point in my 30's and that was twenty years ago. I use this clean saying about other folks input: Opinions are like belly buttons. We all got one but nobody necessarily wants to see yours.

Also, the typed word or phrase has no inflection or facial expression and can be taken the wrong way very easily. Sometimes funny or tongue in cheek comments get taken wrong.

This place has been a wealth of knowledge to me in the past going on two years now. It's an overall nice neighborhood to hang out in even if we have differences.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:25 PM   #45
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
telling me to lighten up, lol have you read my threads?

I think you missed my point, I meant that I know for a fact that they do not build stuff themselves so there are no assumptions, I'm in IT so I know all too well not to assume anything, it's second nature to me. So my comment is meant for those who do not wrench themselves but comment on how things should be done.
Yes, I have read your posts. you were included since you agreed w/'starterman99' about avoiding shows because someone may not care for an idea or whatever on your build.

Your statement above has me bowing out of the conversation.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 04-14-2021, 10:11 AM   #46
joedoh

a friend is a therapist and his opinion is, you can avoid most conflict in your life by avoiding the type of person who starts every sentence with "I". as an example if you say "It sure is hot today" and someone says "I dont mind the heat", bam, right there, red flag. you didnt ask, but they are telling you, usually because no one asks. its tougher when you are married to or related to, but he says if they have more "me"s than a choir or "I"s than a spider, YOU are living in THEIR world and not the other way around.

as an interesting aside, he also told me that he can usually tell whats wrong with 75% of his patients in the first 15 minutes but cant tell them because they arent ready to hear it, it takes dozens of ($300) appts before they are ready. hmmm.

its tough when you are on a forum or when you are at a show and minding your own business and someone starts with the "what I would have done" or "I would never do that" and calls you cheap or lazy when they havent finished anything in years. you can see whats wrong right away but you have to refrain from telling them, even if it will make you feel better (and you arent making $300).

anyway, the lessons suggested are: think about others before you go spouting off, isnt there a golden rule something like that? do what you like (doowhatchoolyke) and if someone doesnt like it, well, then they can do what they like.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:06 PM   #47
Getter-Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
a friend is a therapist and his opinion is, you can avoid most conflict in your life by avoiding the type of person who starts every sentence with "I". as an example if you say "It sure is hot today" and someone says "I dont mind the heat", bam, right there, red flag. you didnt ask, but they are telling you, usually because no one asks. its tougher when you are married to or related to, but he says if they have more "me"s than a choir or "I"s than a spider, YOU are living in THEIR world and not the other way around.

as an interesting aside, he also told me that he can usually tell whats wrong with 75% of his patients in the first 15 minutes but cant tell them because they arent ready to hear it, it takes dozens of ($300) appts before they are ready. hmmm.

its tough when you are on a forum or when you are at a show and minding your own business and someone starts with the "what I would have done" or "I would never do that" and calls you cheap or lazy when they havent finished anything in years. you can see whats wrong right away but you have to refrain from telling them, even if it will make you feel better (and you arent making $300).

anyway, the lessons suggested are: think about others before you go spouting off, isnt there a golden rule something like that? do what you like (doowhatchoolyke) and if someone doesnt like it, well, then they can do what they like.
This is very good Info

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:06 AM   #48
cayoterun

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer2007 View Post
I had one guy along time ago made a remark about me being from Canada., I guess he couldn't come up with a snappy reply
Hello, Canada: Back in the mid-60s, I drove road-rigs hauling produce from south Texas, Florida, and other Gulf states to Canada. Mostly to Winnipeg. Roger's Fruit Company. An older fella must have been dock Forman, almost always the one to spot us on the dock. We'd open the trailer doors and he'd start complaining and he'd start telling us we would have to help unload. He'd ask if we had another driver. If so, He'd insist we'd get him out of bed. He'd have you about half mad by then. The other driver would be back there by then. He'd then say, "there's a cafe across the street, you guys go over there and eat breakfast on us, take your time, I'll come over when your unloaded."

We hauled many loads all over southern Canada, and never had anyone gripe about anything, and treated us like kin.

So, based on that, all you folks have my respect, and glad your our neighbors.

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:05 AM   #49
1976gmc20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayoterun View Post
Hello, Canada: Back in the mid-60s, I drove road-rigs hauling produce from south Texas, Florida, and other Gulf states to Canada. Mostly to Winnipeg. Roger's Fruit Company. An older fella must have been dock Forman, almost always the one to spot us on the dock. We'd open the trailer doors and he'd start complaining and he'd start telling us we would have to help unload. He'd ask if we had another driver. If so, He'd insist we'd get him out of bed. He'd have you about half mad by then. The other driver would be back there by then. He'd then say, "there's a cafe across the street, you guys go over there and eat breakfast on us, take your time, I'll come over when your unloaded."

We hauled many loads all over southern Canada, and never had anyone gripe about anything, and treated us like kin.

So, based on that, all you folks have my respect, and glad your our neighbors.
In 1979 driving back alone from Alaska, I picked up hitchhikers every chance I had. There was never a sketchy rider and they were all very nice and I learned a lot about the country through the vast miles of YT and BC. A few of them bought me meals and/or gas in return for the ride.

I stopped in Kootenay NP to go backpacking and met a couple and another guy, and the four of us continued hiking together. I spent an extra night and went over another pass with them even though that exceeded my permit (were the mounties going to come chase me down in the wilderness? ).

The couple later got divorced and I lost track of them, but I still correspond with the other gentleman 40+ years later
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #50
blazer2007

It,s funny when the lock downs came with the virus some stupid people hated everyone that wasn,t from our Province. B.C. would harass people with Alberta Plates , you get the picture
blazer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote