The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
Navy Mechanic

Thumbs down Experience with CPP?

I'm on the verge of canceling my order with CPP. Before I do, I'm looking for some feed back on them in regards to both customer service and product quality. Maybe they're just having a bad week (or 3) and I should wait it out.

Ordered the deluxe drop kit 3 weeks ago. Called last week and they said nothing was going out due to inventory. Called today to check status and was told they were still 'processing' my order.

So...since there was no installation instructions available on their website I asked if they would email them to me so I could start prepping and be a head of the game when the kit arrived. I was assured they would be sent immediately along with a status and estimated delivery date. The work days long over and I received nothing.

I'm a long time Summit customer and may be spoiled....parts arrive in2-3 days max and immediately notified of back orders, etc. Early Classic has also been outstanding. Anyway....those that have done business with CPP....should I CNX or wait it out?
11 Malibu LTZ- 'The Wife's ride'

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-14-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Navy Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Experience with CPP?

I buy mostly all of my suspension and brake parts from CPP. Top quality products in my book. However, I live right down the street from them and only buy directly at the counter. I cannot tell you how many horror stories I have read about them on here when it comes to shipping. Many, many others will chime in I am sure...

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
70C10Toejam
Hellasick

My single experience with them was excellent, ordered set of 6-lug disks. Was $20 less than online price and received in a few days.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the exception. Hear of more problems than good jobs.

They really seem to hit and miss on the shipping.

This life was a test. It was only a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.

RED meat is not bad for you...FUZZY BLUE/GREEN MEAT is bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUILT FORD TOUGH WITH CHEVY STUFF--sticker at Goodguys
70C10Toejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #4
northerngmc

Go to the reviews section under bad deals and see what others have to say.....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=122

Then order from Early Classic!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
Navy Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngmc View Post
Go to the reviews section under bad deals and see what others have to say.....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=122

Then order from Early Classic!
Was unaware of the review section. Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I had posted there instead....and REALLY wished I had read reviews before ordering! I'll call in the morning and if it hasn't shipped I'll cancel. And I will order from Early Classic....they got my trac bar to me in two days.

Can I move my post to the reviews section or does an administrator have to do it?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #6
AZChevyland

Sorry to hear that. I have ordered many items from them and only once did they screw up my order their fault. They made right with it right away. Shipping has always been perfect for me so far. I cant stand the crap your dealing with right now though. I still would give them one more chance to get straight. One thing is that this order was over the holiday period and thats hard on some companies especially if employees take time off (we all need that). Also, many companies do inventory now which is another pain in the *@**#. Good luck. If your not to mad after its over, please let everyone know how it ended.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
70jnktrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Mechanic View Post
Was unaware of the review section. Thanks for the heads-up. Wish I had posted there instead....and REALLY wished I had read reviews before ordering! I'll call in the morning and if it hasn't shipped I'll cancel. And I will order from Early Classic....they got my trac bar to me in two days.

Can I move my post to the reviews section or does an administrator have to do it?
pm your way..
70jnktrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #8
danman987123

just bought all tubular suspension from them....dont worry they are slow...their shipping sucks...it took me a month to get my stuff.....i even left negative feedback on their almost perfect ebay score....but they have some good looking stuff...
danman987123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #9
68 C-10 KID
Mean Green

They sent me a wrongly built lower control arm and took a week to get a replacement.
The spring rates are off also. They also never mentioned that you have to update to a late model sway bar, the factory one will no longer work.

Early classics has the correct spring rates on there drop springs.
And if your not happy with the drop after you install you can send back and get a different set.
AKA MEAN GREEN.
68 C-10 KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
Navy Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 C-10 KID View Post
They sent me a wrongly built lower control arm and took a week to get a replacement.
The spring rates are off also. They also never mentioned that you have to update to a late model sway bar, the factory one will no longer work.

Early classics has the correct spring rates on there drop springs.
And if your not happy with the drop after you install you can send back and get a different set.
ECE is sounding better and better. Especially since I just realized they're in Fresno....40 minute drive...that takes care of the shipping problem!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
Jayss109

+1

ECE Fast shipping, great customer service.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:12 AM   #12
leddzepp

Thumbs up Re: Experience with CPP?

Quote:
ECE is sounding better and better. Especially since I just realized they're in Fresno....40 minute drive...that takes care of the shipping problem!
Dude, that's a NO-BRAINER. Roll on down to ECE and get what you need!

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

ECE is the only way to go....

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #14
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Wow guys im sorry to read this stuff! Yes December was a hectic month here, basically what could go wrong did go wrong! First we had several days without phone service because the rain ruined the phone lines and then we had of course the holidays aswell as year end inventory. I will admit based on the everything happening it was pretty ugly. If you guys need anything or have any problems feel free to e-mail me direct at jeff@classicperform.com, also on a side note we will NEVER ship as fast as Summit Racing as most of our kits are made in house. Feel free to contact me direct as i will gladly make this the experience you were expecting. Thanks and Happy New Years!!
CPPJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #15
AZChevyland

Smile Re: Experience with CPP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPPJEFF View Post
Wow guys im sorry to read this stuff! Yes December was a hectic month here, basically what could go wrong did go wrong! First we had several days without phone service because the rain ruined the phone lines and then we had of course the holidays aswell as year end inventory. I will admit based on the everything happening it was pretty ugly. If you guys need anything or have any problems feel free to e-mail me direct at jeff@classicperform.com, also on a side note we will NEVER ship as fast as Summit Racing as most of our kits are made in house. Feel free to contact me direct as i will gladly make this the experience you were expecting. Thanks and Happy New Years!!
I will have to give Jeff from CPP bonus points. He has been very helpfull when i mention i am a member of this forum. I try to go through him.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChevyland View Post
I will have to give Jeff from CPP bonus points. He has been very helpfull when i mention i am a member of this forum. I try to go through him.
Guys seriously i really dig all you guys and would help anyone out anytime i can. I am just one guy but do as much as can everyday. CPP writes 1000s of orders because of the pricing and the quality, i as a salesman wish that the shipping was faster but it is what it is. When placing an order and its urgent and you are not just collecting parts for a build be sure to mention that. Thanks guys!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #17
Navy Mechanic

Quote:
Jeff- Appreciate the response and understand the logistical issues this time of year. Unfortunatley I cancelled my order after talking to CPP this morning. It's the customer service that's lacking. Three weeks later I'm told multiple parts are on back order. Would've never known if I hadn't called. Everybody else I send money to alerts me immediately via email of shipping status, back orders, etc. If they had told me up front there would be a delay or let me know as soon as it went back ordered there'd be no issues. Nothing personal but solid customer service whens my business evey time.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #18
Navy Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZChevyland View Post
Again...nothing personal but I tried to go through Jeff for a week before I resorted to calling CPP directly to place the order.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM   #19
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Quote:
Jeff- Appreciate the response and understand the logistical issues this time of year. Unfortunatley I cancelled my order after talking to CPP this morning. It's the customer service that's lacking. Three weeks later I'm told multiple parts are on back order. Would've never known if I hadn't called. Everybody else I send money to alerts me immediately via email of shipping status, back orders, etc. If they had told me up front there would be a delay or let me know as soon as it went back ordered there'd be no issues. Nothing personal but solid customer service whens my business evey time.
I totally understand. Keep my direct e-mail and if you need anything in the future just ask. Just out of curiosity who were you dealing with and do you have an order #?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #20
Navy Mechanic

Quote:
I totally understand. Keep my direct e-mail and if you need anything in the future just ask. Just out of curiosity who were you dealing with and do you have an order #?
PM in route.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #21
Square_78

I ordered my CPP brake/drop spindle kit in the beginning of November... 3 months later its still not here.. Finding it hard to get a straight answer, but Im ready to cancel it soon and order from a different company. Nothing takes 3 months to ship from anywhere on the planet. Apparently its coming out of the USA so thats even worse. I contacted my dealer today and asked them to please get me an asnwer or Im gunna cancel and be really PISSED OFF that i wasted 3 months waiting.

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #22
BB72CHEVKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square_78 View Post
I ordered my CPP brake/drop spindle kit in the beginning of November... 3 months later its still not here.. Finding it hard to get a straight answer, but Im ready to cancel it soon and order from a different company. Nothing takes 3 months to ship from anywhere on the planet. Apparently its coming out of the USA so thats even worse. I contacted my dealer today and asked them to please get me an asnwer or Im gunna cancel and be really PISSED OFF that i wasted 3 months waiting.
Contact CPPJEFF on the board.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #23
Square_78

I ordered mine through a local retailer. I dont think Jeff is going to be able to help me much.

"I refuse to go disc brakes. I actually love drum brakes. It makes for an adventure." - 50bomb

1978 Chevy shop truck - static 6/8"
1970 GMC 1500 - Accuair eLevel Resto-mod http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=537497
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #24
CPPJEFF
Account Suspended

Guys i will be as upfront as possible and keep you updated but as of Last Friday we no longer are at 175 east Freedom Ave we are at 378 Orangethorpe! This move of the company is HUGE we struggled with growth for quite some time and we made the plunge going from 30000 square feet to 80000 square feet! Its a huge move but we are excited to better the industry on many levels. Please be patient and good things are coming. Thanks Jeff!