The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
Mike's money pit

1972 C10 Cheyenne SWB

I am hoping to get an idea of the value of my truck. I think I had a pretty good idea when I bought it 8-9 years ago but after looking around a little a realize I haven’t kept up with the market. I am the 3rd and 5th owner of the truck. I originally bought it from the original owner’s son. He wasn’t interested in the truck and sold it to me when his father’s estate was settled. From what I was told the original owner bought it and drove it for years. It was always well taken care of. When I bought it I was told it had been sitting in a shed for some time since the original owner had passed. I bought the truck in 2012 (I think) and my brother-in-law fell in love with it. I sold it to him later that year for what I paid for it with the agreement that I would have first dibs if he ever decided to sell it. He approached me earlier this year to let me know he was selling. I matched the best offer he had received and the truck came back home with me. The truck gets driven a few times per week, weather permitting.

The bad:
Brake light is on in dash. I recently had the rear drums redone and a brake line replaced. The mechanic thinks the plunger in the proportioning valve is off center (causing the warning light to stay on) but said he can’t find a proportioning valve and doesn’t know how to fix the off center plunger. The brakes work great and the truck stops like it is supposed to.

The factory AC is all there but wasn’t blowing cold. My brother in law had the belt removed. The heat and the selectors on the dash all work great. The blower functions properly and works well. I did disconnect the heater hose due to a small leak my mechanic spotted on the firewall. I assume it is the heater core.

The truck has some very minor rust in the cab corners and the drivers outer rocker. These were all repaired sometime before I bought the truck in 2012 but you can see it coming back. I haven’t observed any change since I bought it in 2012. The underside of the cab/rockers/supports appear to be rust free.

I believe the paint is mostly factory. I just had the tailgate redone due to paint peeling and it matches ok. The cab corners, drivers rocker, tops of the front fenders, and cowl panel appear to have been painted at some point before 2012. I think the rest of the paint is original. It is thin in a few spots but shines up well.

The odometer quit working sometime between the last two fill-ups. I keep track of the mileage and noticed it was off on the last fill up. That’s when I saw the odometer had stopped working. I’ve not had a chance to look at that yet.

The motor has minor leaks. It is enough that I keep a piece of cardboard under it in the garage but not enough to make the truck low on fluids.

The Good:
The truck is a factory short bed Cheyenne. I would say it is in really nice survivor condition. It is titled in the state of Georgia. I have the original Protecto Plate and owners manuals. It cranks easliy and runs and drives well. It does not feel like an old truck at all. It stops well and sounds good with the factory exhaust. I drive it on pretty days and go through about 1 tank per month. The paint and interior are very nice. My brother-in-law had his mechanic put an Edelbrock carburetor on the truck. I have the original Quadrajet in the box. I also have the original wheels and hubcaps and the bedside rails.

I’ll upload some more pictures later.

Thank you for looking
Attached Images

Mike's money pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
Mike's money pit

Re: 1972 C10 Cheyenne SWB

Here are a few more pictures:
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2021, 09:45 PM   #3
Tmend

Pm sent
Old 08-07-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
Custom 68

Awesome truck
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #5
Mike's money pit

Thank you! It has been a great truck!