The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #26
sduckworth13

Re: Typical body repair cost

Cool, good luck on the repairs. Let me know if you need some help. I'll try and help you the best I can.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #27
54belair

Dlm11----good call. Get the kids involved, then its all about the build--no matter how it turns out.
My truck will go to my grandson after Im finished showing and driving it some so Ive pushed him to work on it with me. No matter how it turns out, we will always have the pics and the memories.
1966 chevelle ss

Dont always go the cheapest route--You can save yourself into the poorhouse!
My Build Thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489030
54belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #28
Dlm11

Well fellers I think I may have found a truck a 72. We'll see how it goes its further than I wanted to drive but I guess you gotta go where they are
Posted via Mobile Device
Dlm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #29
twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54belair View Post
I could have driven to Arizone and picked up a rust free(?) cab for around 1K--trip and all!!!
good luck with that one, i havent seen even project trucks 67-72 here for under 1500 bucks. decent running ones are usually 3k and up. i dont know why the rest of the country thinks AZ is the haven for cheap vehicles, the prices here for most cars are ridiculous. try texas, ive heard from friends there that the market is way cheaper than here.
twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
bennetth27

Just wanted to say welcome! I have not been member long but these are some great guys here they will help you out! I live in Leesville SC and just purchaced a 70 shortbed Stepside with 68 front clip. In the body shop now getting some body work and painting it had some issues but all the rockers and floor pan had already been replaced it was still in the rough anyway I will keep my eyes open for you and let you know if i run across anything. I do know where a 67 short bed fleet side is no motor or trans for 2k My brother knows him I have not laid eyes on it but I could check it out if interested!
bennetth27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #31
Fitz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlm11 View Post
Hi I'm getting prepared to buy a 71-72 c10 swb. So I can try to figure an offer price what are the typical cost to have rockers put in and can corners fixed. Also other than those two spots what are some issues I should be on the lookout for. Thanks for any feedback I'm in South Carolina Btw.
Posted via Mobile Device
If you can't do the rust repair yourself buy the very best rust free truck you can afford. It hurts up front but it will be MUCH cheaper when you finally have the truck the way you want it.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #32
Dlm11

well I appreciate the advice. I think I found a 72 Cheyenne been talking to the owner and he's been a great guy to talk with and potentially buy from. he's going to send some more pics to make sure its what im expecting before I drive 8 hours to go get it. I'm looking forward to it and hope it works out. we'll see.
Dlm11 is offline   Reply With Quote