The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Burbaholic

Unhappy 72 Burb rear A/C

OK here we go with another question series on rear A/C for the 72. My burb has factory front air and came with the empty shell in the rear. I found a rear air evap and fan unit with the wiring harness on ebay. Here's my question - it doesn't appear that there are any holes in the body panels for routing the hoses and wiring. I figured there would be knock outs or some indication of where these run. Does anybody know the location and routing of the hoses? I saw some pictures of the drains (one on each side) that showed them exposed and routed through a grommet to the space between the panels behind the back window.

I would assume the main route is along the frame rails. The evap unit has the hose fittings on the drivers side but the tee connections for the hoses in the engine compartment are on the passengers side so somewhere it has to cross over?

Anybody who has had experience installing one of these I would appreciate your comments.
383/700R4

"THE BLUE BURB OF HAPPINESS"
Burbaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
zellway

Re: 72 Burb rear A/C

the 72 I used to have had them go down on the drivers side, inside the panel and over the wheel well and out the bottom where it would cross over and run up the passanger side. You can run them how you want. When I get read to install the system in my 70 I'm going to make hard lines and run them all on the passanger side up to the front.
1970 C10 step Project Jiminy http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=682647
RUST!? Thats just mother natures way of telling all of us.....MINE!!!!
zellway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Burbaholic

Re: 72 Burb rear A/C

Thanks Zellway, I did find an older thread that had pictures of that routing. Unfortunately, the previous owner decided he didn't need rear air and welded all the holes shut. I may pick my own route as well since there are no existing holes.
383/700R4

"THE BLUE BURB OF HAPPINESS"
Burbaholic is offline   Reply With Quote