The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Well I unloaded all the stuff I hauled home with it, and cleaned it up a little. In case you missed it, the history behind this truck is very special to me. It belonged to board member EdB, who recently passed and wanted me to have his truck. I met Ed through this board in 2002. We have been wrench'n together since then and unp until a week before he passed.

It's a 1970 Chevy Custom/10 LWB fleet. Truck was had a 307 with a 3 on the tree. It also came with a tach dash, Factory AC, power steering, and full side trim. Ed acquired the truck in 1978. He drove the 307 till 160K, then put in a built 327. After another 150k, it was upgraded to a built camel hump head 350. It lasted another 100+K. The truck still has the original Saginaw 3 on the tree and supposedly has never been opened since GM put it together. So around 450+K on it. She shifts real smooth

Currently it has a front disk brake conversion from Stainless Steel Brakes, and the rear end was changed to a 3.08 gear. Has an extra marine tank in bed under the tool box (using a early Bronco switch system).
The engine in it now is Marshall 350 crate engine with an RV Cam (unsure of specs). It did have a factory quadrajet 4 bbl that Ed just tried to rebuild and it ended up leaking worse. To get it home I had a quadrajet to Edelbrock/Holley adapter and stole a Holley Street Warrior 4bbl (600 CFM, model 4160) off his Chevelle project. The truck fired right up. I added some gas and drove it home loaded with goodies I have not touched a Holley since 1973, but she seems to be a nice carb so it may stay, but will probably swap the intake soon. It also has unknown headers (been on there since before Ed owned it), plus dual exhaust with unknown mufflers.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 08-23-2021 at 03:33 PM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote