The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2024, 02:01 PM   #1
Ziegelsteinfaust

Trailers.

I am building a 69 Nova 4 door to be my daily driver. It will have a Gen2 L99 4.3 V8 from a 1996 Caprice with an LS ecu. Goal is 30-32 mpg highway hopefully. Maybe.

Anyways I want to build a very small trailer to haul extra tools around when I have a larger side job. Or go to one of my Aunts house to work on something. 2 live 100 miles away, and 1 is 300 miles. Plus be able to go buy stuff that my small trailer plus higher mpg make more feasible. Like going to 200+ miles to buy stuff. Trying to hit a middle ground between car, and truck. Not to mention camping trips me and my son want to do where all the stuff may not fit into the car normally. Plus lockable storage for side projects I can leave over night or a week if I want too.

So my first plan was to use a large cross bed tool box, and fabricate a basket it will sit it to be the trailer. The box would be removable in 15 minutes, and I can have a small place bed for a engine. Easy to break down, and store. Plus not take up tons of floor space. Think of a purpose built tow dolly that mounts a tool box.

Then last night at work I saw a inline E bike trailer I like the concept of while looking for parts I need. Would this type of trailer offer any advantages to a car? Or would the narrower profile shoot me in the foot, and be a tip over hazard.

https://images.app.goo.gl/sW2NSU4Ygbw7uZEh9

My C10 is going to my dad then my son. So I won't have it anymore in a few months. My passion project 73 D200 will be lucky to get 17 mpg with out a major experimental engine redo. As it has to have a big block to make my dad happy if he needs it to tow. Other wise he will buy a 3/4 ton van, and he is going to fall out of it one day. He is getting older at 82.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote