The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #76
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Well been working a lot of hours, don't have time to work on the truck, but at least with some more money coming in I can get some things that have been holding me back from beginning the CV suspension install, so I figured once I get some gas for me welder and get the welder all squared away and I get the new suspension on its going to be difficult to push the truck around on rotors, so I figured Ill get a set of 17" steel rims as rollers and at my work we have a big stack of tires, some are no good but some are still pretty good tires so I found 4 matching tires, and I know a guy who has a set of 17x7 5x4.5 steelies which is what I need so I'm going to talk to him tomorrow and see if he still has them. Be nice to get the new suspension on and get a good idea how it's going to sit... On other news I found a yard that has 4 or 5 of these sweptlines and I'm going to try and go next Monday and as much if all the little small parts that the truck is missing and maybe some windows if there are any in decent shape... I'll post some pictures once I have something worthy to show
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:53 AM   #77
pugs

ok you know about redoing the front rails. I had done that to mine when I had it. you have plenty of room for different wheels with the dodge.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #78
67chevy1series

Sucks that they made the frame like that, I wish they wouldn't have made it taper out and instead just ran the rails 37 or 36-1/2 across from the bumper to under the cab but that would have been to easy! Haha. As far as the wheels go, the dodge seems to have a pretty wide body so I won't have to use the wildly backspaces CV wheels which Im glad to hear, I found a set of rims that will fit the crown Vic but also fit with the dodge and they don't look too bad so I just have to find a set
Old 03-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #79
67chevy1series

Well I have news and progress! Today I went and bought a welding gas tank and the gas inside it, so now I should be able to get some welding done! And I also got some much needed missing parts for the truck, besides a new driver door and the rear bumper my body is complete, and better yet the new parts are factory white patina'd parts! Looks like I'm that much closer to keeping my patina. I also got from the same truck (67 d200) I got both the headlight bezels which are in really good shape, the complete headlight buckets and retaining rings, cowl panel, both hood hinges which are very smooth, hood latch for the radiator support, and the rear view mirror and bracket, the hood even came with the "DODGE" hood letters and sadly the side trim, but 5 holes on either side of the hood is a small price to pay to keep the patina. Got all of the parts for $142 bucks! I feel I lucked out anyways here's a picture
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #80
Russell Ashley

Good score at a great price. As I mentioned once before, get those headlight rings anytime you find them.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #81
67chevy1series

If I can keep getting deals like this thats going to be great, more money to put towards suspension/engine/drivetrain! Here's a picture from today after throwing the parts on to get a look at the truck "completed" for the first time in probably 15-10 years
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #82
67chevy1series

Some more of my junk
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #83
67chevy1series

One more
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2015, 03:58 AM   #84
67chevy1series

Well I went to a yard and managed to score some of the more early 61-66 door parts! Had to pay pretty good for them but if I don't get it there who knows when I can find some in good shape again. Also got the tailgate hinge/strap things and a 61-66 exterior door handle, there was another handle but the only mounting screw for it was stripped out and good old locking pliers couldn't get a bite so that ones off limits, might go back next time I get a day off and buy the passenger side door windows and the taillight housings but we'll see. Tonight I straightened the tailgate hinges parts and i submerged the door regulators in a tub of used ATF, so that should get them working nice and smooth and everything all nice and free, they were working fine before I pulled them but just incase this will help
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2015, 09:55 AM   #85
pugs

looks like its slowly coming together
Old 03-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #86
67chevy1series

If I didn't have to work form morning til night I could probably get a bit more done, I try to search for parts and find out where I can get them that way on my day off I can go grab them but I still have to rewire the plug in in the garage for the correct prong style for the 210 outlet for the welder. But I've got the front fenders on so I can find out where my centerline is so I can line up the centerline on the new suspenion. I'm apart of this sweptline page on facebook and there's guys coming out of the wood work with parts I need so should start getting all these little missin parts pretty fast. Once I get all the dodge specific parts then I can start buying all the after market stuff like wiring kit new weather stripping and all that good stuff. Also going to try and put this truck together with nothing but brand new hardware.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #87
pugs

any plans on how you are gonna do the rails yet
Old 03-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #88
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Wow it looks like a truck....lookin good

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #89
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Good looking truck. Did you pick that one up in Merced? There were many good yards back in the '90's when I was stationed up in Atwater. Picked up a really nice '69 Buick Riviera there.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #90
67chevy1series

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
any plans on how you are gonna do the rails yet
Well so far I'm thinking of getting some hefty eyelet bolts and putting them through the steering output shaft holes on the LH and RH side and then putting a come along in there and heating up the areas I want to bend while slowly ever so slowly cranking the come along and once there where I need them I'll weld the spilces I cut on the top and bottom portion of the "c" channel frame and then weld gussets over those areas and then once it cools I'll let the come along loose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Wow it looks like a truck....lookin good
Yeah it's looking like something worthy to be built now! Haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
Good looking truck. Did you pick that one up in Merced? There were many good yards back in the '90's when I was stationed up in Atwater. Picked up a really nice '69 Buick Riviera there.
Your correct! Picked it up off of childs. Have you seen my truck in person before? That would be cool to know how long it's sat in the field, I'm assuming it's been there for 15 years at least.

Well I have good news and bad news.... Good news is I found a "new" drivers side front door in original white patina paint in very nice shape! My new found dodge friend also has a gazillion other parts for my truck.. Bad news is he's in Washington state, and although his prices are fair, they are really high compared to what I'm used to dealing with. I've been skating by getting really lucky in the deals I've been coming across for parts but that is going to be short lived very sadly... The other bad news is I found out some other parts that guy took off my truck the day before I picked it up to bring it home... Also found out that they are crewcab specific parts and they are unbelievealby exspensive for what they are.. So now I have to track those down as well... But nonetheless I managed to buy some parts from a guy in Minnesota, I got 2 61-66 exterior door handles and a drivers side door latch for $70 shipped! Lucked out there that brings the total of this truck (not including gas, cleaning supplies and tools bought for it) to $1,193, not bad considering I have the CV suspension added in there. I'm going to go back to the guy I got the hood and other parts from and try to buy left/right side door glass. Thinking of asking if he will trade his dash for the dash that I picked up, since his already has the lever shift hole and the lever shift stuff in it, but probably end up just buying his dash. And as for actual progress on the truck I managed to install a door latch and handle into the rear passenger door and now it's shuts and stays shut and opens with the handle! Nice to see something actually functioning semi properly besides the hood. I've made a list of internal door parts I need to get them complete and the passenger side looks to be pretty easy to get complete. Waiting on getting some things I need before starting the frame work.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #91
67chevy1series

Well got a package yesterday, this makes three doors functioning. The front driver door as I think I stated earlier im going to replace and I'm also buying the latch and ext. handle for that door too so for now I've just been installing parts on the other three doors. The front passenger door hangs a little and you have to lift it a little and **** the door at the same time so looks like I'm going to learn how to adjust sweptline doors pretty soon. Here's a shot of the parts I got
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2015, 12:46 AM   #92
67chevy1series

Well today I went and paid for the door, taillight lenses, NOS parking light lenses and gaskets, 4 int. door handles, 1 ext. door handle, 1 DR door latch, and 2 "100" fender emblems, so lots of good parts should be on there way within the week. Excited to get these parts. Also cleaned the frame rails up and drew out all my marks where I need to cut the frame in order to pinch the rails in. And I'm also going out today and getting a new grinder... Made a mistake and took a chance on one and it was garbage so now I'm going to just get one that I know is pretty tough... Hope to get some real progress done within this month. Starting to think I'm going to have trouble finding a set of 2006-2012ish chrysler 300 17" steel rims... Once I get the CV clip on its going to be all good until I can't roll it around since there's no wheels... So I'm on a mission from God right now 😎 haha
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #93
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Do you mean these wheels?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/ptd/4921109189.html

or maybe these chrome ones

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/4932066114.html

or these..

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ptd/4888249229.html

or these...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/4916130849.html

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:43 PM   #94
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chevy1series View Post
Well so far I'm thinking of getting some hefty eyelet bolts and putting them through the steering output shaft holes on the LH and RH side and then putting a come along in there and heating up the areas I want to bend while slowly ever so slowly cranking the come along and once there where I need them I'll weld the spilces I cut on the top and bottom portion of the "c" channel frame and then weld gussets over those areas and then once it cools I'll let the come along loose

Yeah it's looking like something worthy to be built now! Haha

Your correct! Picked it up off of childs. Have you seen my truck in person before? That would be cool to know how long it's sat in the field, I'm assuming it's been there for 15 years at least.

Well I have good news and bad news.... Good news is I found a "new" drivers side front door in original white patina paint in very nice shape! My new found dodge friend also has a gazillion other parts for my truck.. Bad news is he's in Washington state, and although his prices are fair, they are really high compared to what I'm used to dealing with. I've been skating by getting really lucky in the deals I've been coming across for parts but that is going to be short lived very sadly... The other bad news is I found out some other parts that guy took off my truck the day before I picked it up to bring it home... Also found out that they are crewcab specific parts and they are unbelievealby exspensive for what they are.. So now I have to track those down as well... But nonetheless I managed to buy some parts from a guy in Minnesota, I got 2 61-66 exterior door handles and a drivers side door latch for $70 shipped! Lucked out there that brings the total of this truck (not including gas, cleaning supplies and tools bought for it) to $1,193, not bad considering I have the CV suspension added in there. I'm going to go back to the guy I got the hood and other parts from and try to buy left/right side door glass. Thinking of asking if he will trade his dash for the dash that I picked up, since his already has the lever shift hole and the lever shift stuff in it, but probably end up just buying his dash. And as for actual progress on the truck I managed to install a door latch and handle into the rear passenger door and now it's shuts and stays shut and opens with the handle! Nice to see something actually functioning semi properly besides the hood. I've made a list of internal door parts I need to get them complete and the passenger side looks to be pretty easy to get complete. Waiting on getting some things I need before starting the frame work.
I won't give you a definitive answer to your question, but I thought I remembered that truck when you originally posted. That being said, the timeframe would have been mid 1990 just before Desert Storm. At the time they had many restorable classics there for the taking. The beauty of was they would allow me to shop around the yard for all the parts for my Riviera so I had a complete car when I pulled it out of there. Got to replace a few damaged items at no extra cost.
Very cool that you saved that truck. I look forward to watching your build.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 AM   #95
67chevy1series

Your first link is spot on what I'm looking for! Only problem is there in Texas as. I'm in California... But not to despair I found a set of 4 here in my town that I'm buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsriv2 View Post
I won't give you a definitive answer to your question, but I thought I remembered that truck when you originally posted. That being said, the timeframe would have been mid 1990 just before Desert Storm. At the time they had many restorable classics there for the taking. The beauty of was they would allow me to shop around the yard for all the parts for my Riviera so I had a complete car when I pulled it out of there. Got to replace a few damaged items at no extra cost.
Very cool that you saved that truck. I look forward to watching your build.
Wow if that is my truck you seem then it's been sitting for 14 years before I found it and sat at that yard for 15 years before I brought it home! We'll the truck will certainly go back on the road and I my opinion will ride and drive better then it ever has in its life!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:23 AM   #96
67chevy1series

Well just received word that my money order made it and he rounded up all my parts and will be sending them out tomorrow, so with any luck by Friday next week I should have a nice parts lot for the 65. Sent me some pictures of the parts... They look perfect and should all clean up really well! When the parts come in I'll take some pictures and post them. Also been preparing for the crown Vic swap... Don't have much time off or daylight hours when I am home to do stuff so it's taking forever to get this ready but I'll get there
Old 03-23-2015, 02:30 AM   #97
67chevy1series

Hoping to start the CV suspension install tomorrow and also work on it tuesday.. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #98
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Good luck on the install

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #99
67chevy1series

Alright guys the truck is sitting as we speak on the CV suspension. I still have some gussets to weld on and mod the frame a bit more for the rear mounting holes of the CV suspension but overall I'm about 80% done, I'm waiting to finish up the frame completely so I can take the last set of pictures on the work I did, once I do that I will post a write up on how I did it. I would post pictures of how it sits right now but you guys probably would rather I just do a start to finish so I'll wait
Old 03-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #100
flashed

You just want to keep us on pins and needles waiting ,LOL . Looking forward to pics later when you get ready.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote