The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2021, 09:43 AM   #26
lunatic1968

Re: New C10 build starting

Nice progress, glad you're going with the GMC stuff over the Chevy parts, as I think they are better looking in my opinion. Subscribed
lunatic1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:16 PM   #27
MikeinNH

Amazing how many body parts are offered now.

Thanks lunatic1968! I agree on the GMC look but I do like some Chevy grills better than others in this generation.
Projects: 71 C10 going on 04 Tahoe chassis * 67 IH 1200B Pickup mostly original w/ ext rust repair * 41 Buick Super 8 4 Door all original * 52 IH L-110 Panel Van getting S10 motor * 73 Datsun 620 Pickup all original
MikeinNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #28
MikeinNH

This weekend I finally got the rest of rear of the Tahoe off and sat the bed on the frame. The back of the bed is sitting on the Tahoe bumper and I have a 6x6 under the front of it. It can drop 2 inches or so with the bumper off. Only one casualty aside from scratched arms, I cut through a plastic fuel line on top of the fuel tank. A brass barb, piece of rubber fuel line and some clamps and it's back to working. I also got much of the front of the Tahoe stripped, fenders and such. Looks like a good fit so far.
Attached Images

Projects: 71 C10 going on 04 Tahoe chassis * 67 IH 1200B Pickup mostly original w/ ext rust repair * 41 Buick Super 8 4 Door all original * 52 IH L-110 Panel Van getting S10 motor * 73 Datsun 620 Pickup all original
Old 08-11-2021, 10:10 AM   #29
lunatic1968

More pics please! This is something Id really like to do on my 65 suburban.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #30
MikeinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic1968 View Post
More pics please! This is something Id really like to do on my 65 suburban.
The pics are teasers, I'm actually videoing the whole process so don't take many pics. May start uploading them to youtube when the cold weather comes and I'll put the link in my signature. Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems. Is the burb only a 2 door? Sounds like a cool project.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:28 AM   #31
Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinNH View Post
Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems.
Hey, he's my neighbor! I have pictures somewhere of both of our trucks in my backyard before the whole Frankentruck process began.

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 05:58 PM   #32
MikeinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
Hey, he's my neighbor! I have pictures somewhere of both of our trucks in my backyard before the whole Frankentruck process began.
Well that's pretty cool. I don't know of any neighbors that are savvy enough to talk to about this sort of thing.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:44 AM   #33
Pick

Quote:
Well that's pretty cool. I don't know of any neighbors that are savvy enough to talk to about this sort of thing.
Yeah, it is pretty cool. Every once in awhile I'll have a cameo appearance in some of his videos when I provide an extra set of hands on his builds. We've worked together on stuff on and off for almost 30 years now. We were actually working on his neighbor's car in his driveway (before we built his shop) when she told us she was selling her house...so I bought it.

Unfortunately, we were on different shifts and schedules when he built Frankentruck HD so about the only thing I did on it was help him bring both trucks home.
Attached Images

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both. L. P. Jack
Old 08-13-2021, 04:09 PM   #34
MikeinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick View Post
Yeah, it is pretty cool. Every once in awhile I'll have a cameo appearance in some of his videos when I provide an extra set of hands on his builds. We've worked together on stuff on and off for almost 30 years now. We were actually working on his neighbor's car in his driveway (before we built his shop) when she told us she was selling her house...so I bought it.

Unfortunately, we were on different shifts and schedules when he built Frankentruck HD so about the only thing I did on it was help him bring both trucks home.
I don't know if I would have had the heart to cut up that 2500. Cleaner than anything you'd see up in the Northeast.
Old 08-15-2021, 02:31 PM   #35
lunatic1968

Quote:
The pics are teasers, I'm actually videoing the whole process so don't take many pics. May start uploading them to youtube when the cold weather comes and I'll put the link in my signature. Jo Daddy's Garage on YT has put a pickup cab on a 2500 pickup chassis, he covers quite a bit but I plan on using the floor and some of the firewall from the Tahoe, he used the whole cab which brings some problems. Is the burb only a 2 door? Sounds like a cool project.
Yeah its a two door, well before the three door. Thanks for the input, Ill check out Jo daddy's Garage .
Old 08-16-2021, 05:33 AM   #36
Pick

Quote:
I don't know if I would have had the heart to cut up that 2500. Cleaner than anything you'd see up in the Northeast.
It doesn't show in the pictures, but something large and heavy had broken loose in the bed and did a number on the front of the bed/back of the cab including the window frame and roof. The picture makes it look better than it was.

Old 06-21-2022, 09:16 PM   #37
MikeinNH

It's been a winter since I posted so it's time for some updates. Tahoe is pretty cut up and hopefully will get the C10 cab sitting on it before winter. Lately I've been working on cab rust. Here's a picture of what the rockers looked like and what one side now looks like. New door pillar, rocker and cab corner.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2023, 10:37 PM   #38
lofly'a

Any updates. I have my 68 GMC SWB fleet and a 03 Yukon waiting to be meshed, but gotta finish my 72 TA build first. Been lurking others build for more inspiration and ideas.
-2003 YUKON (Wife's)
-71 gmc swb fleet (current project, gonna shave everything, bags, stuff w/ 20's, gen III powertrain)
-48 3100 SWB - 12/31/23 LONG TERM Project
lofly'a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:38 AM   #39
MikeinNH

It's moving along but slowly. We seem to either get rain or really hot with high humidity this summer. Here's a snap shot of it coming together. There's lots of detail on the YouTube channel in my signature.

Is your 72 T/A posted anywhere? Love those. Thanks for checking in.
Attached Images