The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2007, 08:36 PM   #26
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: integrity of this board by members

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72hotrod View Post
Love thy neighbor as thyself.

None of us is any better than the word we give. In treating people the way you want to be treated, situations such as this don't come to rear their ugly heads. While there may have been a very good reason for a no-show, to be incommunicado via phone or email is just not sportsmanlike.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:58 PM   #27
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

almost forgot the best part of his fast shipping... he also called me, left a voice mail, and gave me the tracking number... all BEFORE I had the money order in the mail box.
I justchecked on it, I'll get the package tomorow.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #28
herb101
Used Register

Sorry you're getting hassled Bob. I have been a long time lurker here and have only been active in the past year (since I got the Blazer) and I have been REALLY impressed with this boards members in general. You have been helpful to me (engine fan details) with no expectations or cost and I appreciate that kind of character. Hopefully these are isolated event.

Herb
herb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #29
longhorn70gmc

Sorry to here Bob. I hope things improve for you. I have been buying parts off here for a long time and I admit it gets scary sometimes. I try to make a difference buy communicating with the seller. You always have a board brother here.
On a good note, This is a great place to come and be a part of. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1970 GMC Sierra Grande 402/TH400
(Longhorn)14 years and counting rebuild!
1975 (Build) Chevrolet SWB 4X4 350 SB Lifted 6 inches
1970 Ford F250 Ranger 390 BB
2010 Ford Super Duty F250 XLT W/4 inch lift kit and Pro Comp Tires
Hub Cap Freak!
I need another truck like I need another hole in the head!
I'M IN THE MARKET...AS IT WERE!
longhorn70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:45 PM   #30
70cst

My limited buying experience on this board has been 100% positive. But I also realize that it's impossible to keep a 100% track record. I think that 99.999% of the guys and gals (mods included ) are honest, helpful, fair, and forthright. It is sad that a few have to darken the board with unjust dealings. Lets all learn from this experience and continue to support each other as we ourselves would want to be treated. This board is better than any magazine one could buy and the $25 site supporter fee is a real bargin. Remember...a board is only as good as the membership I still have faith in the people on this board!!

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:25 AM   #31
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE

Bob, I'm sorry to read that you have run into the other side of human nature ..... not a pretty sight. I'm glad that you posted this as how are these few people going to realize what they are doing is wrong. It's sad but this is a reflection on the society that we live in. On a positive note members have pointed out here on this post that there are people that belong to the board (99%) that are good upstanding members and that is what we must keep focused on.

Oh by the way Bob I've read your posts and you are a real asset to the the board.

Hang in there buddy,

esll.

This truck has just the right amount of energy for me!

Author: Warren Lake .... (member)

Last edited by EAST SIDE LOW LIFE; 10-18-2007 at 03:28 AM.
EAST SIDE LOW LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #32
whatnow123

I've never had a problem with anything I have bought from a board member, so I feel good about it. Haven't sold anything, but have helped a few board memebers low on funds with the item "free" that I took off and no longer need.

The only thing that bothers me is the deceit I have seen once in awhile with some items for sale; offering it up as deal from a trusted board member and praying on those that “may not know” the item isn’t going to fit as eluded to and the seller is evasive about photos or fit/function just to recoup their cash.

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=219094
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #33
Ricks1971

I have been here almost two years now and have bought and sold things here and the last thing I bought I never received. I know alot of you guys don't like ebay but at least there you have a chance of getting your money back. As they say it only takes one bad apple to spoil the barrel. enough said!
Ricks1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #34
toomanytoyz
Luv the Crewcabs

For the Most Part i am just a Buyer, Both Here & on Evil. Life is too short to waste it away dealing with People like you mentioned. I think it is a Great Asset to all Board Member's that you along with other's Here go the Extra Mile to Help out Member's Here. Let's Face it when all is Considered, You are Probably only Making Break even on the Stuff you are Selling.............................

I will say that all Dealing's that i've had on this Board would have to be Rated at A+++.

Good Luck with all future Dealing's & Again I want to Thank You & Other Board Member's That Provide this Service for the Rest of Us, With out you Guy's we would all be Left at the Mercy of The Pirate's on The Bay...............

Sorry for the Rant, Just wanted to Make You & Other Member's That Sell Realize that We Appreciate the Effort you Put Forth...........

Rick
toomanytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #35
Zonaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad6772 View Post
Agree with jim.... the nice guys always finish last.......
A few thoughts on finishing last:
  • From a womans's point of view: Do nice guys always come last????? Only if they know what their doing.
  • From author Alexander Kjerulf: That’s just not true, of course we should be nice at work. This doesn’t mean that you have to be nice to all of the people all of the time, but it means that you absolutely can be a nice person and succeed in business. I previously wrote about jerks at work and why they’re bad for business. The conclusion: Unpleasant people hurt the bottom line. In a networked world reputation matters, and it’s more important to be generous and likeable than to be ruthless and efficient.
  • Luke 13:30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last."
Old 10-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #36
Frizzle Fry

What's wrong with a feedback system? LS1tech has one and it seems to work pretty well. From my experience 99% of members here are stand-up people, but you guys are right that it's the few who ruin it for the many. So a feedback system would be a deterrent for those who can't keep their word, and a way to give recognition to those who do. My dos pesos...
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #37
whatnow123

A few thoughts on finishing last:

From a womans's point of view: Do nice guys always come last????? Only if they know what their doing.

hum.. maybe that is what I've been doing wrong...

Build thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=219094

Last edited by whatnow123; 10-18-2007 at 11:46 AM.
whatnow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 PM   #38
HeavyD

I have bought all my parts off the board, and with all those transactions have only been burnt a couple times. It sure is maddening when it does happen!
Old 10-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #39
BAGGERSOCAL

WE Need a Feedback System

i only had one deal go Bad Here and the Guy was trying to burn me for $1700.
Luckly after several attempts and finally telling him we were going to court he finally gave me my money back.

Last edited by BAGGERSOCAL; 10-18-2007 at 12:46 PM.
BAGGERSOCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:42 PM   #40
rlm316

I must say that everyone that I was fortunate enough to deal with have been very informative and just plain great with the buisness end of things. I have been able to find parts for my truck that would have been next to impossible to get here in Jersey. I can't thank those responsible enough. I think that the people who consider ourselves to be a kind of a brotherhood would never dream of deliberatly trying to shaft another member. E-mail has made all of these transactions so impersonal and some people forget that there is a real person with their own life and all the things that go with it at the other end. When I was a boy, a very wise old man told me " In life you only pick up what you put down." I try to live by that. Lane
rlm316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #41
70cst

Question...
It's my understanding that the only ones who can buy from this board has to be a site supporter...is this correct?

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #42
HeavyD

I think anyone can buy, but only members can sell.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM   #43
krue
Designated A-hole!

Not correct, you have to be a subscriber to post a WTB/For Sale/Trade post, but anyone can reply to sell/buy/trade.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #44
jkade

I agree on that ls1.tech, ls1.com, and ptrucks have a good feedback forum. I am up to 8 positive on ls1.tech
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #45
70cst

I hope the experience with BCOWANWHEELS is an exception to the rule or glitch to an otherwise stellar group of truck enthusiast. Were those few who caused BCOWANWHEELS these headaches site supporters? If so then my only suggestion would be if this ugly trend would continue to manifest itself then the solution might be to implement a rule that if one is not a site supporter than one cannot buy off this board. I don't understand why those who are registered and get a lot of valuable info from this site do not spend the $25 and become a site supporter. It is a true deal. Geeeeeeee...how much would a couple subscriptions be to truck magazine cost? As said before I have faith and confidence that 99.9999999% of those who are on this site are straight shooters.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #46
jkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
I hope the experience with BCOWANWHEELS is an exception to the rule or glitch to an otherwise stellar group of truck enthusiast. Were those few who caused BCOWANWHEELS these headaches site supporters? If so then my only suggestion would be if this ugly trend would continue to manifest itself then the solution might be to implement a rule that if one is not a site supporter than one cannot buy off this board. I don't understand why those who are registered and get a lot of valuable info from this site do not spend the $25 and become a site supporter. It is a true deal. Geeeeeeee...how much would a couple subscriptions be to truck magazine cost? As said before I have faith and confidence that 99.9999999% of those who are on this site are straight shooters.
I am not complaining but most sites are free, I know ls1.tech is free but they have a ton of vendors that support them. I will gladly pay the $25 a year to support this site.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #47
bobthecop

I have bought several items from members here and I got exactly what I paid for. I always send the money first. If someone does not send the item after payment is received, the transaction should be made public and not get any business from any of us again. There are so few people that can be trusted and this board seems to have found them all. A feed back sysyem is one way to go, however I would not want to see someone banned from selling because of a simple mis-understanding. Crooks should be banned. Everyone I have dealt with has been great so far and I look forward to more great dealings. I look at this board as "my board" and I treat it and the other members as I want to be treated. Great info and the reason my project has seem some progress. Just my opinion.....
1969 c10 parts truck
1969 C-10 ( my sons)
1992 Silverado 4X4 (now the boys truck)(now mine again)
2002 Tarus (my wife loves that car)

Last edited by bobthecop; 10-18-2007 at 03:36 PM.
bobthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #48
jkaylor68gmc

I am sorry to hear that ya know, I to find myself postponing sending stuff a day or to late thanks to my job but I always get it out.
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 7-inch lift on 35 Daily driver
2016 Chevy Tahoe Better halves ride
jkaylor68gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #49
streetstar

In the short time that i have been a member, i have met a few guys from here, mostly to look at one of my trucks i had for sale recently --- all of whom seemed like stand up guys that i could benchrace or split a 6 pack with.

I have also bought a motor and other parts from a couple other members -- no probs at all--- cool bunch of guys

But it only takes one turd to screw up the whole swimming pool on a summer day (see Caddyshack)
streetstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #50
jb4short
Damn Yankee

I've bought parts from several members and a couple trucks and *knocks on wood* haven't had any issues yet. I DO understand the frustration of pulling parts and packing things up only to lose contact with the "Buyer". This forum and community is a LOT better than many I've been on where VENDORS are constantly screwing people....read this thread:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275314

and on "Tuner" forums this happens a lot
jb4short is offline   Reply With Quote