The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2020, 02:33 AM   #1
Stephen717

I'm back

Ok so it has been a hot minute. I have been fired, I chainsawed a wooden bed frame, I hauled over 5,000 lbs of junk to the dump, closed on the family home, moved to Loris South Carolina, and as of today, Wednesday the 16th I am moving into that home with my family. We are going to paint it. Patch the few holes in the walls, get beds and maybe a couch, and I'm gonna get the garage set up for when I get my truck down here from up north where it's currently getting snowed on. My cousin told me 6-24" so while I kind of miss that weather I'm glad I don't have to deal with driving in it this year. The plans for my truck have changed once again and I am planning on getting it back on the road in 2021. I know I was shooting for 2020 but then 2020 happened. I was wondering though, does anyone know of a good salvage yard where I can get a set of 69-72 fenders. Mine were shot and I originally was going to put a set of 67 fenders on it but I have been looking at the picture I took the day I got the truck home from the used car lot and the more I look at it the more I want to leave it a 69. Keep the body lines of the truck I fell in love with when I was 17. So I need to find either a salvage yard that I can get a set of fenders from or I need to find a board member who would be willing to trade a set of 69 fenders for a set of 67 fenders. The 67 fenders have been patched in a couple of places and will need some filler to make them look good before paint but I put a light coat of primer on them before I moved so they wouldn't rust while I wasn't able to work on it. If anyone knows of a good salvage yard in north or south carolina or is willing to trade please let me know.

Sorry for the long message.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: I'm back

No longer close by, ey? I know where Loris is. Good luck on junk yards in that area. Ask around when you see locals driving older Chevy Trucks

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #3
Stephen717

Re: I'm back

I'll definitely be asking around, and yeah it was time for a change. We were looking closer to conway but we found this place and it had everything we were looking for at a good price point. Definitely don't think we could've gotten a house like we moved into up that way for what we paid down here unless it needed a lot of work. And the best part about it is that I finally have a work shop so my truck can be stored inside.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote