The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Devins-step

Brake light problem 72 stepper

researched here and can't find a thread that gives an answer to my problem. As briefly as possible: Tail lights work, signal lights and emergency flashers work, brake lights work. When the brake is on and the left signal is on right brake light is good but when the right signal is on with the brake there is no brake light on the left side. So when I turn on the right signal and hit the brakes it seems to have no brake lights at all.... Thanks in advance for your help guys.
Dan
Devins-step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
cdowns

Re: Brake light problem 72 stepper

run a ground wire from each taillight to the frame and see if that solves your problem with a good ground wire connected
71c-10 350/2004r/4:11 lowered3/4 longbed/dead by hurricane

MEANING OF DEATH::::: SOMEBODY ELSE GETS YOUR STUFF

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK

TAKE MY ADVISE;I DON'T USE IT ANYWAY
cdowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
Bandit130

Re: Brake light problem 72 stepper

This seems similar to my 72 C10 w/no brake lights. When left turn signal on, right rear brake light comes on. Right turn signal on, left rear brake light on when brake applied. Found that the turn signal cam, that the turn signal lever is attached to, has 2 contact plates on the under side on right side of cam. The contact plates have springs that apply pressure to plates to make contact with wiring harness contact plate. Contact plates were not being pushed outward evenly. Had to adjust plates just enough to be held in the assy. but spring out properly. All works now. I am going to replace turn signal switch as it is old and just needs new one. Hope this is helpful.
Bandit130 is offline   Reply With Quote